turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8938 When is TurboTax going to upload it so we can file our taxes

Site says IRS hasn't released the 2020 form. Not true.  It was released months ago and Intuit hasn't uploaded it. How do you get Intuit to upload this form and stop preventing us from filing our taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

This Form 8938 is scheduled for availability on February 11th. This link will allow you to monitor and double check the availability or your TurboTax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Seriously?  The IRS can't code the "special language" until YOU (Intuit) give them the data. Please stop blaming the IRS. You had the form for months, and you've de-prioritzed this form in YOUR pipeline, so the IRS didn't get the code from YOU to approve.

And telling me to file paper instead of electronically because Intuit doesn't code the form in a timely fashion is ridiculous.  We don't use TurboTax so that we can NOT file electronically.

I know what form 8938 is for, or I wouldn't have asked you to release it. Don't know why you're explaining what the form is for.

Finally Intuit THAT'S YOU published that Form 8938 would be released on Feb. 11. Then you delayed it AGAIN until Feb. 18. Now you've delayed it a third time. Think you might do your job before April 15th? 

FYI, why don't you publish the dates the IRS released form 8938, and what date you sent YOUR code to the IRS for form 8938 to be processed?  Then we'll know where the problem lies.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

This Form 8938 is scheduled for availability on February 11th. This link will allow you to monitor and double check the availability or your TurboTax return.

It seems postponed again to 2/18/2021.

And also because I couldn't file my tax due to lack of form 8938, it will cost me my next stimulus check. Maybe I should try other e-file sites.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

The forms are available if you are going to download from the IRS website to complete on your own.  However, e-filing is different.  Once the form is finalized by the IRS, it has to be coded into the special language the software uses and has to be thoroughly tested for calculations and e-filing acceptability.  IRS then has to approve it for e-file.  It always takes a little longer for a form to become available for e-file in a software program.  I hope this helps you understand the situation.  At this point, the IRS expects to approve the form 8938 on TurboTax e-file as  02/25/2021.  

A Form 8938 is used when you have specified foreign financial assets and the total value of all the foreign assets in which you have an interest is more than the appropriate reporting threshold.  For details, click here: https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i8938

Seriously?  The IRS can't code the "special language" until YOU (Intuit) give them the data. Please stop blaming the IRS. You had the form for months, and you've de-prioritzed this form in YOUR pipeline, so the IRS didn't get the code from YOU to approve.

And telling me to file paper instead of electronically because Intuit doesn't code the form in a timely fashion is ridiculous.  We don't use TurboTax so that we can NOT file electronically.

I know what form 8938 is for, or I wouldn't have asked you to release it. Don't know why you're explaining what the form is for.

Finally Intuit THAT'S YOU published that Form 8938 would be released on Feb. 11. Then you delayed it AGAIN until Feb. 18. Now you've delayed it a third time. Think you might do your job before April 15th? 

FYI, why don't you publish the dates the IRS released form 8938, and what date you sent YOUR code to the IRS for form 8938 to be processed?  Then we'll know where the problem lies.

TURBOTAX/INTUIT (NOT the IRS) has now delayed release of this form THREE times.  First published release Feb 11, then Feb 18, now Feb 22.  Just stringing us along and trying to blame the IRS because they didn't release the code to them for approval.  Last time I'll buy TurboAnythingButTheFacts.  TaxAct next year.

This is false. It wasn't released on Feb. 11. Turbotax Intuit delayed it until Feb. 18 and now delayed again until Feb. 22. I'm sure they'll delay it until May,  They'll just keep sending a new delay date every time THEIR published deadline approaches.  The IRS released this form to them MONTHS ago.

shoe99

Sorry, I don't buy your story.  I had lots of experiences in software coding, benchmark testing and release before my  retirement.  It shouldn't take long for such a task. 

Timing is critical to the users.  If I print out my tax files including form 8938 from TurboTax, can I file them legally by mail? 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Yes. You are able to print and mail your tax return. See the TurboTax FAQ here for instructions on how to print and mail your tax return.

Please upload Form 8938

Intuit are IDIOTS!!!!!

Last time me and my 230 member homeowners association will buy this crap s/w.!!!!!

yeah UNTIL YOU POSTPONE IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOUSY S/W

Yeah ME TOO, last time i buy this GARBAGE software!!!!! :(

THIS WILL HAPPEN EVERY YEAR!!!!

Buy another tax s/w package next year and bankrupt these losers at TurboTax!!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies