Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FORM 7206

Today is 2/7/2024 and form 7206 is still not available to file. What is the issue?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
Smshoub

FORM 7206

I am having the same issue and know one can give me an answer! 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

FORM 7206

This is scheduled to be fixed with the February 7 update. The updates generally happen at night. It should be available February 8.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pstarner

FORM 7206

This has not been fixed by 12:38 pm  on 2/8/2024

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

FORM 7206

Yes, Form 7206 was updated yesterday.   You can also perform a Manual Update through the Online menu link if you in TurboTax Desktop.  If you're using TurboTax Online, clear your Cache and Cookies

However, you may need to Delete Form 7206 from your return, then re-create it by going through the interview questions for Self-Employed Health Insurance.  

You should see the Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction on Form 7206, Line 14 then on Schedule 1, Line 17 and then on Form 1040, Line 10.  

@pstarner 

[Edited 2/9/2024 | 12:13 pm]

FORM 7206

It doesn't allow you to delete the form, I deleted the whole return and reentered it, and I still have this problem

What should I do

MPF1

FORM 7206

I was able to delete form 7206 by deleting the Easy Step entry for health insurance premiums, and then re-create form 7206 by re-entering the health insurance premiums info.  It didn't fix the problem, and TT still says that form 7206 cannot be filed electronically.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

FORM 7206

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

@waiting2file  @MPF1 @dzmarkham  @Smshoub  @pstarner 

FORM 7206

I deleted Form 7206 under forms and the program recreated the form & data, I updated program and it still says it cannot be e filed.

It is amazing how these top experts from TT get on this forum, type up these instructions in order to sound like they have the answer when they really don't?  Then u never hear back from them?  This wasted 15 mins of my time.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

FORM 7206

Per CatinaT1 above, we know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications about the fix.

@jmann01

FORM 7206

Catina - you know plenty about this issue. What is the status....Feb 7th came and gone. I am signed up for updates and I have 100's of them..they all say the same thing...this doesnt work. Is there a new date for a fix. Is this a hot item at intuit or o the back burner.

FORM 7206

Issue still persists as of 03/16/2024

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

FORM 7206

Some TurboTax customers may be experiencing an issue/error because TurboTax is adding an incomplete Form 7206 when customers are not required to file it after entering a 1095-A with the box checked for "I'm self-employed and bought a Marketplace plan".

We’re currently working to resolve this issue. If you’d like to receive progress updates, sign up below.

@doubleO7 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies