Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 7206 not allowing Efile

I know this is an issue with Turbo Tax Home & Business (Windows download).  Not sure if it's an issue

elsewhere but will definitely try to get a refund if I can't efile & use different software.  Assuming TT is

aware of this issue & is hopefully working on a fix but as of the morning of Feb 9, 7:30 am still getting

the message that I can't efile.  I always check for updates.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Do we know when this problem will be resolved?  I have repeatedly checked for updates but still get the error message.  I am using the Home and Business version of TT

I have been using Turbotax for over 20 years (CD version: Home and Business).

The Form 7206 (self-employed health insurance) was finally made available a few days ago.  There have several program updates since then but I still get an error message (Smart Check) that I cannot e-file because I have Form 7206 in my return.  Why can't this be fixed and soon?

Also, the program still deducts Medicare premiums twice: as a self-employed health insurance (adjustment  to gross income) and as itemized deduction on Schedule A. I have to override the program to adjust for this.  Many years ago, I brought this to Intuit's attention but the program has never been fixed to accommodate this situation. 

See new post:  Form 7206 Workaround.

How do you work around it?   I can’t find post. 

ATTENTION "SUPPORT"

Spare us desktop users even more grief as we are showered in TT Community emails:

a) Take down your response from last week saying this problem has been solved. It DOES NOT SPECIFY that you solved it ONLY for your web product(s). Or edit what's posted to clarify because it's misleading. As of 2/14, Form 7206 is still preventing e-filing.

b) Your support lines 8hundred-six2four-90sixsix & 8hun[product key removed]r8 generate these useless emails with links that have nothing to do with this issue. Supposedly some users are able to get through to a human which reportedly is a waste of time.

c) Many users are sending in their "sterilized" returns via "Send File to Agent" and apparently feedback suggests that process isn't functioning as advertised. How many of these submissions do you need to figure this problem out? Seriously, take down the suggestion that says to send in your data for this problem and clarify that clearing the cache and cookies is for the web version, and NOT the desktop software.

d) The automated phone support is a joke. Has anyone at TT ever put it through some real tests? I know it must be hard. It makes senseless replies and sends unrelated links. What would REALLY be helpful is something USEFUL like a RESOLUTION TIMELINE so intelligent decision-making can be made. Can you imagine some of us are leaving the country, flying out on business, going on a vacation, have to pay bills with a refund, are losing interest on i-Series bonds, etc.?  I didn't think so.

e) Can someone at TT please work with your support staff and tell them to say something other than return the software for a refund? We downloaded or opened it to get this far. Refunds?  (We have already cleared the cash.)

f) If community members are lucky enough to have their receipt, or can still get it, they may want to keep it handy for a class-action suit that has been floated. These actions seem to get management's attention and drive process improvement.

g) Bugs happen, sloppy coding happens and for some things there is forgiveness. What is certain thus far is an epic fail in customer communication and support. May I suggest that TT issues a credit for free or highly discounted software next year. That gives you a year to plan for it and it's a good faith attempt at customer retention. You know who we are. You know when you (hopefully) send a fix. If this goes from bad to worse, we loyal customers will simply vote with our wallets....

e-filed 7206 successfully 19th February 2024!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies