Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

Thank You, Jesus, for giving somebody the wisdom to fix this problematic hangup!! 😊👍

Now we can move on with paying our hard earned income to the government so they can give it to Ukraine 🙄

jmann01, you should keep your political commentary to yourself considering you're on a public forum. 

The update file receives download error 1603.  Where on TT website can I try a manual update for the 2023 home and business version?  Anyone know?

I received the update this morning, and without further drama went right to efile.  All done.

Thanks for letting me vent over the past week of Intuit incompetance.

If you id not buy insurance on the Market place why are  you using 1095 A ?

RKM1
Level 1

Just to close the loop, the software has been updated today and the program lets me efile. Thank you for your help TT!

"jmann01, you should keep your political commentary to yourself considering you're on a public forum. " 

He was stating nothing about politics and a true statement about our useless government and its idiot leader.  I find it quite accurate.    He might as well of thrown in the financing of a million illegal immigrants as well.  LOL 

Intuit loaded an update over night.  This seems to have fixed the efile problem.  I was able to submit federal and state taxes using efile this morning, 02/15/24 using desktop version of TT.  Yay!

Fixed for me!

Successful transmission and acceptance today after downloading update.  Still, I have not seen a message from TT telling us we can now Efile.  Terrible communication!

Line 1 in Form 7206 is still incorrect.  And the footnote to Form 7206 still references "these worksheets".

For those of you who are getting ACA credits my guess is that your Form 7206 has these same issues.

Today at 10:08 CST I was able to update my desktop Home and Business tax software and successfully file my taxes electronically.  

Shame on TT for the way they handled this debacle.  No direct communication to those who had posted on the Community bulletin board.  A couple of days ago, I did, however, receive an email asking if my issue had been resolved, but they knew it had not been resolved at that point in time.  

This morning, no communication directly from their support staff stating the fix had been made.

They created CHAOS among their faithful customers, to the point that most are considering moving to another provider.  It boils down to simply keeping the customer informed, which they did the poorest job possible.

It is unfortunate that large companies lose touch with their customers and take them for granted.  That is not a successful business model.  

You said it so well, rwh3714.

EPIC FAIL for communication on many levels.

There is a pop-up window that appears after a desktop SW update. One took place last night. As usual, it indicated what module (Fed/State) the updates were made in and when, BUT NO DETAILS.

Perhaps there are so many fixes that it would be internally perceived as self-incriminating and undermine confidence. So they choose to hide behind a curtain until the smoke clears.

I am now forced to look at other options (after over two decades). I am not expecting them to reach out with an apology or plans for process improvement. There's probably no accountability. I wrote an Excel program to run in parallel and do my own taxes. Mid January, my Excel state calculations for tax disagreed with TT by $6. The net taxable amounts on the bottom line were the same in both. Then a couple updates later, both programs agreed. Calculating tax from the bottom line is basic stuff.

More proof that filing early may not be the wisest approach.  In the end, use common sense, hope for a FLAT TAX, and vote with your wallet.

Agreed! I filed successfully at 10:45 a.m. this morning.

Why there was not better communication from TT is unconscionable! Hire a communications manager who can make sure that customers have the information they need to use your product TT.

Now, how do I get the email updates to stop on this thread? 🙂

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies