Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

Why was the form not included in the updated version? This must affect millions of self employed people

80ZERO 624 NINE066

Thanks!  I posted

🙂  Thanks!!

d66
Level 3

@AA007

First you pay for the software, and then you have to waste time entering all your info all over again online because the software has a bug that doesn't let you file?

So is Turbotax going to reimburse you for your time ? Or give you a refund?

Seems to me there's "an implied warranty of fitness arises under the Uniform Commercial Code §2-315 when a buyer requests something for a particular purpose, and the seller then supplies a product for that purpose. " (Cornell LII).

You bought the software, but you can't use it to file.

Hey Turbotax, how about a REFUND?!?!?

I’ve been going through hell from identity theft… last thing I needed was to have extra stress bc I couldn’t file my taxes & sleepless nights worried the hackers would file before I could.    I talked with TT  3 times but still no timeline on a fix so I had no choice but to spend yet another day redoing taxes so I could submit

What did you do to resubmit?

I suggest that people with this problem call Intuit customer service at 800-446-8848.  The agent I spoke with was very pleasant but had no idea about this problem.  I insisted that she submit an escalation report. She did and reported back that this was a known problem but there was no information about a resolution date.  Only if enough users request escalation will the matter more like be resolved soon.

I had a similar conversation with someone at TT this morning. Initially had no idea about the issue, but when I asked him to look deeper he did see that there is a 'bug', which is being worked on, but did not have an estimate for when it would be fixed.

I asked why they released software without the ability to file with this newish form from the IRS, and he had no answer.

Very frustrating.

We are going on 2 weeks now and still not one word from Intuit.   I finally had enough - this is literally going to make 2023 the most stressful year I've had in business - and so I had to end it.   Without question this is the biggest failure this company has ever produced and their response is abysmal.      The only way this gets more attention is as follows : 

1:  INUNDATE their Facebook page with complaints !   Night and day keep it going.  
2:  For those who have the time and have critical need to file NOW (there are many reasons one being ID theft, etc)  - purchase the online TT and re-enter your taxes - the 7206 form works fine there.   Then DEMAND a refund - they are issuing refunds - I personally and 3 of my clients received immediate refunds. 
3:  Other online tax software providers   (HR Block for example ) have  figured it out and are  not pathetic and slow like Intuit do they do not have the same problem - an inconvenience yes,  but again if you have to get the returns filed this is a viable way.   

Intuit - if you are listening (I doubt anyone gives a sh*t, but I am going to post it here anyway) - you are costing your customers thousands of dollars because of your lame and slow response to this problem.  To make matters worse -you give us no end dates and no real information.      I have used your software for 12 years - but guess what -  I just signed up as an HR Block partner because your idiotic  response to this problem has LOST ME CLIENTS.   Even your support people have no idea what is going on.    

You best better get your act together - this is starting to fall into class action territory.     

I called TT support today because another user got a "service code" for a free version of TT online.  Got my code, re-entered all my info, applied the code, said it was successfully applied, still had to give my credit card to efile and was successfully able to efile online with form 7206.  HOWEVER, my credit card was charged the $89 anyways even though I used the code.  So yup, another call to TT support who told me the credit takes 3-5 business days to be refunded.  Why did it need to be charged if I had the code?  This is shameful TurboTax.  I've used the software for over 20 years, never experienced an issue like this.  Definitely looking elsewhere next year.  PLUS I still need to file taxes for a family member who also needs to use form 7206 and the CD version allows for this but not the on-line version.  This really stinks! 

NO IT HASN'T

I got a service code but it still required that I provide my credit card number.  Now I'm waiting for a refund...who knows how many calls I'll need to make to get that!!!

There was a place for promo code & then at the bottom a place for service code.  I inserted into service code & was not charged

Looks like I'm 24 pages of complaints late to this party. Like the rest of you, I just got notified that Form 7206 cannot be efiled. They had better fix this problem soon or it's my last year with TurboTax. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies