Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

One additional thing for everyone's consideration....there is a POSSIBILITY that left hand/right hand aren't attached to the same body as well.  If you research the IRS.GOV site deep enough you can find the following;

https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/tax-year-2023-modernized-e-file-schema-and-business-rules-for-...

Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 7.14.10 PM.png

IF you download that "Tax Year 2023 accepted forms and schedules..." you might notice that Form 7206 is NOT listed, it goes from 7203 to 8082....;

Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 7.17.23 PM.png

SADLY however, the link of "known issues and solutions" does NOT contain anything about 7206 either.....

SO.... NOT TO CONFUSE the situation BUT..... as I had previously posted there are situations where the SE Health Insurance Premium credit can be entered WITHOUT the need for Form 7206, and certain situations where that form IS required.  What I can't understand is why the IRS site appears to not address the form as being "acceptable" and fear that MIGHT be part of the problem.

REGARDLESS of everything I have offered, it is Intuit/TurboTax that are the experts and providers so most definitely THEY need to be much more proactive in getting information to their customer base about what they are (or aren't) doing about this issue that is causing so many people problems with eFile!!

ee-ea
Level 15

@marshall343 

An employees post

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

This surpries the living hell out of me. We have been getting all of these messages that H& R and other software has form 7206 and there is no problem e filing with them. Someone is not telling the truth.

I'm the one who couldn't e-file with H&R Block this afternoon due to the problem with SE health insurance.  I downloaded the software.  I was just speaking with a TurboTax rep who suggested they may be having the same problem with their "desktop" software vs the online version.  I'm going to stop buying software for now, and wait for TurboTax to solve the problem with its desktop version, which is the one I have.  Sounds like the online version of TurboTax is working, but I don't want to pay for it.

To clarify, the earlier posters didn't specify which version of H&R Block software they were using (online vs desktop), and I didn't consider that the downloaded version might not work until I bought it and it didn't.

it is 12 Feb 2024.  I have the latest updates.  I closed and reopened TurboTax.  I cleared the cache and cookies in MS Edge.

Your software still will not allow me to efile. The message is always the same:  "You have Form 7206 Self Employed Health Insurance Deduction that is not supported for electronic filing."

Your blog says this has been fixed.

It has not been fixed.

YHGTBKM!  you are here to electronically file this return.  Your support feature is very unhelpful.

What do I need to do to get some help getting your software to function?

Turbo Tax deserves some venting all over and up in their tax.  This is unacceptable service.  They are effectively ignoring the issue by saying "here is a blog, talk amongst yourselves.  I'll give you a topic: TuborTax SUX.  Go."

404 error Page Not Found

It has NOT been "resolved"!

Thanks. I already did do that. I was just doing everything possible to be able to efile my taxes.

For everyone's consideration (and those who cannot wait a few more days to see if this issue is resolved)...

Go into your desktop program and save it.  Remove your S/E Health Insurance Deduction.  See how much extra you will pay in taxes.  Form is removed and you can efile immediately.  For me, I'd pay an extra $65.  If I transferred all my data to the TT online version, I'd pay an extra $89 for that program.   Not worth it.  I can be patient and wait.  But if not fixed in two weeks, I'll just lose the $65.  

ee-ea
Level 15

@Dee4817 

In the summer you amend to get the 65 buck in the fall.

No, this problem is not resolved for desktop users! I have deleted the form and looked for updates and there are none!  Clearing cookies & cache is for the TT Online versions.  Not. Desktop!

agree

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
FXPS
Level 2

Nope. Still doesn't work.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies