Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

waiting for desktop version to be fixed because i cant afford to buy yet another turbo tax online version to so i can efile.  The desktop version needs to be fixed asap!   Ive signed up for the notifications too and there was no response to we are working on it or nothing.  

It hasn't been resolved for me. I have updated to the latest version and cleared cache and cookies (not that that should even have an effect) and I am still getting this error. Sunday, February 11, 2024, 11:16 a.m. EST.

rww2

My TurboTax (Mac Home and Business) is uptodate, state SC.   I have cleared cache and cookies, quit and restarted TurboTax   I get a message in TurboTax that form 7206 is "ready" but I still get the message that I am unable to efile, which I need to do.   Token number is 1179151.

On another 7206 thread on this forum, it was posted that the "fix" is scheduled to be released for desktop users on Feb 15th.  I am not sure if this came from TT themselves or from somebody in the community. But this is the first time I have heard of an actual date for when this will be fixed.

Just passing on the news.

It hasn’t been resolved for anyone.  If a person has a refund coming and doesn’t want to wait, they can remove the insurance and therefore the 7206.  Efile the return, then wait until closer to the deadline and amend for the insurance.  Cumbersome but it will work.  The other option is to go to the online version.  If people do that, TT should refund the additional charge.

I'm going to give them a week to fix it or tell us if and when they will.  My return is too complex to paper file and believe it will be input correctly.  I’ve been efiling for 38 years and don’t want to go backward now.

Has this issue been fixed,,,my returtm didnt need form 7206 hoever my return is in pending status since feb 7

e-file still not fixed for me too.  Plus Line 1 remains incorrect (and I can't believe the footnote on the bottom of the page works for the IRS).

I saw that, too.  Someone also said they usually send out their fixes on Thursdays.  Keeping my fingers crossed….

Returning Member

I tried to e-file my taxes today using TurboTax Desktop and again I get an error message that it can't e-file because of Form 7206.  It is not fixed.  I deleted the form and recreated it and it still is not working.

As of today, 2/11/2024, after clearing my cache and cookies, I am still receiving the message that I cannot e-file as I have a form that is not supported for e-filing. I am not going to print and send these documents. This is unacceptable that we pay for the ability to e-file and then are given a message that we cannot. Please identify the issue and advise ASAP.

Using the downloaded version of turbo tax,  just updated this morning,  2/11/24 and get have the same issue of not being able to file electronically because of form 7206.  Software needs to be fixed.

It's 2/11 and I'm still having the same issue. I downloaded the final IRS "approved" version but it will not accept my return electronically - says I have to file by mail. NO WAY! That's why I paid for a version of TT with the federal return filing included. I've been using TT for decades and this is the first issue I've had with them, but its a BIG issue. This also screws up filing state and local taxes - now they also have to be mailed in. Is this going to be resolved? There's no way the IRS wants everyone who is self-employed mailing in their returns this year.

Everyone affected by this needs to follow your link, sign up for notification, and express their concerns.

Thanks - I already signed up for the notifications. I can't believe the IRS wants us to mail in all of our returns because of this new form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies