Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

@ddarwin1  fwiw.....

Before you pay Intuit/TurboTax more license dollars for another solution there IS an option IF you are brave......

You CAN print/save the Return you created with the TT you purchased and downloaded and then.....

1) Review EVERYTHING in it to make sure you are comfortable it meets the IRS instructions/requirements

2) web browse to the IRS.GOV page and search for the "How to File my Taxes"....

3) there are 2 ways to file for free DIRECTLY with the IRS, one is their software but its capped by an AGI value....

4) there is an option to file with "fillable forms" directly on the IRS website...

4a) Each Tax Year you have to create a "New Account" with them (IRS) but its pretty simple to do

4b) their tool to "Add Forms" and enter data is VERY SIMPLE to use....

4c) there is a "Do the Math" button at the bottom of the interface that will populate Item Rows that won't let you type directly into (i.e. subtract line 14 from 11 etc..)

5) Build (add forms as needed) ALL of the forms you see in your TT pdf/print out and populate each one with the same data.

6) read the Step-2 instructions carefully, you have to input manually certain W-2's & 1099-R but not all of them

7) if you work through all the steps, there is a button at the bottom of the Step-2 page that files your return electronically directly with the IRS.

This I believe is the only way you could submit electronically WITHOUT paying either TT/H&R Block/etc any additional money.... unless of course simply printing and snail mailing is something you can stomach and even still.... that will cost you at least one additional FOREVER STAMP!!  😉

Thanks so much for this.  But I am not that brave and I am in no super hurry to file.  I can try to wait a week for TT to figure this out and release an update. 

But this probably helped alot of other people who are brave 🙂

Agree, plus we shouldn't have to jump through all those hoops when it's clearly a turbo tax bug.

They need to fix it, end of story. 

It is supported for electronic filing I filed my return using form 7206 on February the 7th at 9:30 p.m. it took three tries and then it went through

This has not been resolved as of 2/10/2024

Are you using TT online or TT Desktop where it worked?

Old Joe probably forgot that he forgot. He's boning up on the difference between Egypt and Mexico.

Thats why it worked.  The online version of TT works.  The desktop version of TT does not work.

Desktop version has not been resolved, wth

Agree, I have the desktop version and cannot efile.  VERY frustrating. 

TurboTax needs to give us an update - when will this be fixed?

@dgrice1 wrote:

Agree, I have the desktop version and cannot efile.  VERY frustrating. 

TurboTax needs to give us an update.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the problem - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/insurance-medical-benefits/form-7206-add...

Great. They know about it.  Would be super helpful to everybody to get a date from TT on when this is expected to be fixed

I too am experiencing the "no e-file with Form 7206" issue.  It seems like moving the return e-filing to the online version MAY be the easiest solution for those not willing to wait for the bug fix.  Does anyone know whether tax return data input into the desktop version can readily be imported into the online version or do I need to totally start over with inputting my data into the online version? 

i have signed up for it.  Can you please tell us when this might be fixed so those of us that have the cd version can efile? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies