Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

scmighty

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

Token Number: 1177518

State: NC

NOPE not fixed.  I just updated my software and I'm still getting the same message.

I cleared cache and cookies, restarted computer, problem with Form 7206 can't e-file persists.  Should I just check back daily?  

This is the only year there has been a problem.  Per the IRS form 7206 is still in draft form.  You can't file a draft version of a form.  We will have to wait until the IRS approves the form.  For clarification, refer to this site for more info:  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i7206--dft.pdf

That's the IRS site for that form.

Hello all, ignore all the instructions below.  Refer to the IRS website for form 7206 or click on this link:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i7206--dft.pdf

The IRS says the form is still a draft version.  You can't file a draft version of a form and that includes mailing your return as well.  We have to wait until the IRS approves the form.  The link explains this.  

This is still a problem. Any estimate on the fix?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

tventre  the link you posted has been updated.  If you check the hyperlink for latest updated forms and enter 7206, you will see the dates for both the form and instructions finalized by the IRS.

TT knows that they have a problem with the desktop version.  They seem, for some reason, to be struggling with communication surrounding this issue which is in addition to their struggles with code.  Perhaps it’s because this issue comes concurrently with the major efile fiasco they thought was fixed.

This is not accurate.  TT online and HR Block dont have a problem with the 7206 and is allowing E-File.   Per my research the IRS has finalized the 7206 Form so the issue is with TT.

The issue is with the Desktop version of TT and TT is aware of it and working on a fix per this forum.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

@Trung616 

@Dee4817 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same here.  Successfully updated the software and getting the same error message stating I will need to file via US Mail since my tax return requires a Form 7206.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies