Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

@CatinaT1:  I did as you suggested and signed up for notifications for the "Form 7206 cannot e-file" bug fix.  Thank you.

This has not been corrected.   What's going om 

I use turbo tax program so cache and cookies don't; apply l

does not work on windows 10 desktop. did all updates, notified by ttax it was ready, still does not work 02/09/24 3:23pm. getting tire of them not having things ready!!!

I disagree the issue has NOT been resolved.  The Desktop version (purch & downloaded from Amazon) has been completely updated and continues to throw the "...cannot be efiled because it contains IRS Form 7206..."

Yesterday the TurboTax Expert I worked on the phone with reported that the Online version has been fixed, but the Desktop Versions have NOT.

1177855 same problem

SPECIFICALLY... the IRS Instructions for Schedule-1, Line-17 classifies the need to use Form 7206 as an "Exception" (page 91 of the instructions) which requires the form if any of three specific instances occur;

- more than one source of income subject to self-employment tax

- you file Form 2555

- using amounts paid for qualified long-term care insurance to figure the deduction

IF NONE of these three instances occur, the instructions indicate simply using the "Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction Worksheet" (also on Pg.91 of the Sched-1 instructions) is sufficient with the resultant value being placed onto Line-17 of Schedule-1 with NO NEED for Form 7206

After reading that Form 7206 is only required if one of these exceptions is met:

• You had more than one source of income subject to self-employment tax.
• You file Form 2555.
• You are using amounts paid for qualified long-term care insurance to figure the deduction.

... I tried to delete the form from my return, thinking I could just override Schedule 1, Line 17. Unfortunately, the form reappears each time it is deleted, so that's not a solution

Well that's a crock.  Turbo Tax needs to step up and get the 7206 exile issue correct

At what point to the customers having this issue qualify for a full refund and how do we go about getting it if we so desire?   Your response to this issue has been lacking and your communication on this issue is very poor (receive info that it is fixed, but not) or we get emails stating a customer has responded.  I just want to get emails from TT when it is fixed.  

pstarner

I am still getting the message that Form 7206 cannot be efiled

@Ed Bemis 

If this is the case, why can't we just delete form 7206?  If my S/E health insurance deduction can simply be placed on schedule 1 line 17 (which it is), I see form 7206 is not needed in many of our cases.  How simple is that to just delete form 7206?  Why does it keep reappearing?   Thanks for your post!   Also, has anyone tried to efile even though it says we can't?  

I just completed the latest turbo-tax update. Using Google Chrome. Rebooted the computer. Re-started Turbo-Tax. Get the same error message. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies