turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

Im getting the same error on mine.  Cleared the cache and still have same issue.  This is the first year I have had market place insurance so never had a form 7206.

@psfive 
I believe form 7206 is new for tax year 2023.  I've been self employed and had marketplace health insurance for years and not had this issue until now.

I am having the same problem as all the others. The update for 7206 finally came in. Now, I receive this message:

We won't be able to e-file your return

It looks like you have a tax situation in your federal return that makes it ineligible for e-filing, according to the IRS rules.

Here are the details:

You have form 7206 Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction that is not supported for electronic filing. Don't worry, even though you are unable to e-file your return, we'll still help you file your return by mail.

And of course, like the others, it would be ridiculous to risk sending your tax return by mail considering the high rate of mail theft and identify theft.  

Not resolved - still not working.

There are several threads on the TT community forums about this issue.  

I believe the issue is TT needs to incorporate the 7206 form into TT.  I have heard that it is working for the online version of TT and people can E-File using that system, but not the desktop version yet.  I also read that TT is aware of the problem and working on it with a fix targeted to next week.

I also read that HR Block doesn't have this problem and users there can E-File so some TT users are going that direction

For me, I am going to wait this out and see what TT does next week and hopefully we can get a fix for the desktop version.   I will absolutely NOT file my taxes by mail.  If TT doesnt fix this issue with the 7206 E-File by next week I will try the online version of TT or move to HR Block

Just passing on info.

Appreciate this

@CatinaT1 

Token #1176992

OH

Turbotax Windows Desktop Home & Business (CD)

icyclimbr

For what it's worth, I had the same issue e-filing with form 7206.  I went back to the Form 1095-A form and deleted any zeros in the monthly fields.  To get there, Go to the Personal Tab, Deductions and Credits sub-tab, then choose the Medical section and then Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A).

Once you are on the screen that shows any 1095-A forms, edit that form(s) and remove the zeros in any of the fields (of the three columns).

That seemed to work and I'm now able to e-file.  I don't know if it's the zeros in the fields that is causing the issue or simply needing to re-open the form for the error to go away.

Good Luck!

Just replied to this thread and sent diagnostic file to an agent with Token number, state and version I'm using.  Waiting for a response.  Has anyone been helped using this method?

Those of us on Medicare don't use the Affordable Care Act, and thus don't generate or have the 1095-A form.

I am having the same problem with the desktop version as well.  You say you will wait it out until next week and, if the bug is not fixed, you will try the online version of TT.  Is it possible to move to the online version without paying again?

icyclimbr

I read in another post that if you are self-employed, medi-care may impact/require a 1095-A form.  I'm not an accountant, so take my post with a grain of salt.  Not sure what to tell you if you don't have a 1095-A form.  Hopefully TT will post a fix for this soon.

I am on Medicare as well and do not use the Form 1095-A.  I "X'd" the box on the form that says "Check if no marketplace health insurance purchased."

I don't even have a 1095A and it still doesn't let me efile

Am on medicare, don't have a 1095A and still can't efile.

I don't think its a 1095 issue, more like Turbo Tax needs to update its system further.

Is Form 7206 a new form for 2023 for self employed? I don't recall having seen it before? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies