Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 4562, Line 10 error in final review

This did not work. 

The work arounds posted over the past 3 weeks have not solved the issue for me.  I have opened form 4562, changed lines 10, 1 , and 12 to reflect the correct numbers and it still will not pass the error check.

Because of this, the form 4562 is not printing with the forms of official filing.  The program does generate the form when I choose print all forms and the calculation worksheets but I would like for the software to to run the error check and confirm the tax calculations are indeed error free.

Taxes are due in two weeks and this needs to be fixed like yesterday!

sajules

Thank you!  I was at first confused because I couldn't find the "open" icon which was staring at me 🙂  After a "duh" to myself, it was smooth sailing from there.  I was able to populate line 10 on the newly created form 4562 and able to delete the old 179 sec limit.  Ran check and no errors.  This was the best answer and the only one that solved my issue.

THIS DID NOT WORK! It's still showing the error.

This worked for me!

OK guys, all the fixes Iàm seeing are for what looks like a partnership or some other type of business. I need a fix for the S'CORP FORM 4562 LINE 10 )on my form, the entry is correct so I donàt have incorrect data or a blank line

My company is S-Corp and the fix worked for me.

leebelle

Yes, I'm getting this same error and I can't add anything to line 11 or 12. Looks like a program bug to me.

LVCETax
Returning Member

Hello, I have the same error message and I tried the step by step instructions with no results to the issue. Is it fixable?

LVCETax
Returning Member

Did you ever resolve this issue? My problem is exactly as yours. I don't have either of those forms it list in the prior instructions. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

This workaround makes no sense for form 1065.

PNorton

The issue still exists and the recommended fix does not work. I finally just printed it out and mailed it in. Disappointed in TurboTax

I figured out the problem for the program that uses form 1065. I have to open windows to see the forms and I can do that if you’d like to know the fix. There’s a worksheet associated with 179 items and the program was bringing in the total for a specific year. You cannot fix it on the worksheet they mention. But you can on the sheet that tallies up all prior year 179 expenses.

I’m a Mac user and I use Windows once a year, for this program, but I can open it if you’d like me to take a look.

It’s a glitch and should have been fixed by TurboTax.

Deb T1

Thank you so much!!! I am glad I did a  web search on this problem. I spent 3 hours last night talking to 2 agents on the phone who had no idea how to fix this and kept sending me in circles. It was apparent they had no clue. I recommend this simple fix go out to all your phone "experts"

ouk
Level 1

David,

Thank you. It worked for me.  The error drove nut for a week

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies