turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1310 is watermarked as "Don't file. Not Final"

I am completing taxes as PR for my deceased uncle and because he will receive a refund due to the second stimulus payment the Form 1310 must be sent in.  I have an IRS Tax ID so the IRS has been notified that I am PR.  But when I try to print the form, it is watermarked with "Don't File.  Form not Final".  When will it be final or how do I get rid of the watermark?

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@ofriesen wrote:

When will it be final or how do I get rid of the watermark?

The form is scheduled to be finalized and released on 2/25/2021.

See https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_windows_individual.htm...

View solution in original post

19 Replies

@ofriesen wrote:

When will it be final or how do I get rid of the watermark?

The form is scheduled to be finalized and released on 2/25/2021.

See https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_windows_individual.htm...

Thank you.

I have a similar tax situation with my deceased Mom.  

The Turbo Tax website now indicates Form 1310 will not be available until 3/4/21.   

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Yes @Vollpreuss you are correct. Form 1310 is scheduled to be available on March 4. Check Federal Individual Forms Availability for the latest release dates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ednfran

25 Feb.  Hmmm, not in my version!!!!!

The scheduled release date is 3/4/2021.

today is 3/4/2021 and form 1310 is still not available.  My dad died in June 2020, I am his son and have the power of attorney.  He is due a refund that I will give half of to my sister and this form is still not available.  Very frustrating.  the questions regarding this are around court appointment.  I am not court appointed, I am his son and should be entitled to his small refund.  Is the form due any time soon

@alanbowled300 wrote:

today is 3/4/2021 and form 1310 is still not available.  My dad died in June 2020, I am his son and have the power of attorney.  He is due a refund that I will give half of to my sister and this form is still not available.  Very frustrating.  the questions regarding this are around court appointment.  I am not court appointed, I am his son and should be entitled to his small refund.  Is the form due any time soon

There was a software update today, 03/04/2021.  Install the update and the Form 1310 will be available without watermarks.  Click on Online click on Check for Updates.

Form 1310.JPG

kcooper21
Returning Member

TurboTax is saying that  the form is still not ready yet though. Do we need to print out the 1310 form and mail separately from the tax return which will be e-filed? Since TurboTax will not allow me to e-file with the 1310 form?

@kcooper21 wrote:

TurboTax is saying that  the form is still not ready yet though. Do we need to print out the 1310 form and mail separately from the tax return which will be e-filed? Since TurboTax will not allow me to e-file with the 1310 form?

Are you using the TurboTax desktop software?  If so, have you updated the software to the latest release?

Or are you using the TurboTax online web-based editions?

kcooper21
Returning Member

TurboTax online web based.

@kcooper21 wrote:

TurboTax online web based.

The desktop software has been updated so the Form 1310 is available. 

If your Form 1310 using the online editions still shows as not available the wait until tomorrow and it should be available with the online editions.

Jenjw548

If it is not available online tomorrow then what can we do?  The date has been changed several times on turbotax but the IRS form was finalized October, 2020 and no changes have been made.  Also, does anyone know when form 1310 is able to be e-filed in lieu of mailing it in?  I have been getting conflicting information on who can e-file and who has to mail it in.  My mother passed away without a will and no court appointed representative.  My father passed away 25 years ago and I am the only surviving child.

@Jenjw548 wrote:

If it is not available online tomorrow then what can we do?  The date has been changed several times on turbotax but the IRS form was finalized October, 2020 and no changes have been made.  Also, does anyone know when form 1310 is able to be e-filed in lieu of mailing it in?  I have been getting conflicting information on who can e-file and who has to mail it in.  My mother passed away without a will and no court appointed representative.  My father passed away 25 years ago and I am the only surviving child.

The Form 1310 can be e-filed with the decedents tax return or it can be paper filed.  See this TurboTax support FAQ for the 1310 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/can-i-file-form-1310-in-turbotax/01/25660

Since the 1310 is available using the TurboTax desktop editions it will be available with the TurboTax online editions shortly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies