turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Re: Form 1041

Sorry, You need Turbo Tax Business.

The small business program (TT Business) is for 1120 Corporation, 1120S Corp, 1065 Partnership or 1041 Estate/Trust returns and will not do your personal 1040 return.   It  is a separate program from the Desktop Home & Business program or the Online Self Employed version.

Turbo Tax Business  is not available to do online or on a Mac.  You can buy the Window's version here.  And you can have both TT Business and TT Home & Business (or any personal version) installed on  your computer at the same time.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes

So you will need 2 programs.  Or do you just need to enter a 1041 K-1 into your personal return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

That is a bummer.

Thanks for your help!

Not including 1041 form in same program as a 1040 is a disgrace.

TahoeRick

Making me purchase Premier and Business and two state programs just to file a 1041 is greedy.

I was able to do a trust 1041 a few years back with out spending 200.00. I did it with your business and home before. Turbo tax has me pissed off this time in 2019 for sure. 

TahoeRick

I am not a new member, this year I was asked to change my password. 

The 1040 & 1041  have never been in the same program ... you must have used a different company. 

My mother passed away in 2019 and has a complicated return involving two trusts (Form 1041 necessary) that funnel into her 1040.  Your advertising is a little deceptive.  It is not as clear as it should be.  I find out now I have to purchase the Business version.  When I talked to a person at Turbo Tax  I explained my situation and they said Home and Business would handle it.  That person should have recognized what I was talking about or didn't care.  You really should not have the word Business in two different products.

If you need to complete a trust return form 1041  you will need the TT BUSINESS version.

Then you also need to file a  personal return then  any of the downloaded versions will work but if you use the Online version you will need at least Premier.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies