Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For the estimate tax- vouchers

Does the vouchers get sent to the IRS too?

someone tell me no,  but the IRS will know that I decide to make quarterly payment for estimate tax.

someone tell me the IRS do not know anything about it at all. no Vouchers, no quarterly payment. IRS dont know any of it.

so which is true?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

The estimated payment vouchers, Form 1040-ES, are for your use only and they are not reported to the IRS unless you use them.

what do you mean by unless I decide to use "them", these are for my reference, what do u by "use" too? The 1040 -ES i think it is going on the script too, so IRS will see it

@samguana wrote:

what do you mean by unless I decide to use "them", these are for my reference, what do u by "use" too? The 1040 -ES i think it is going on the script too, so IRS will see it

The Form 1040-ES are paper forms that have to be printed and mailed to the IRS with a check for payment.  That is what I meant if you use them.  Otherwise the IRS has no knowledge of these forms.

how about I pay online? then IRS still have no info about that ?

@samguana wrote:

how about I pay online? then IRS still have no info about that ?

You pay taxes online through the IRS payment website they will most certainly know that a tax payment was made - https://www.irs.gov/payments

then it means that they expecting 3 more payments then...

The vouchers are only for you.  If you mail in a check you should include the voucher.  If you pay estimated tax, you don't need the voucher.   You can also pay less or more depending upon what your income is.  The voucher amount will ensure you don't have a underpayment penalty (even if your income is higher the following year)

@samguana wrote:

then it means that they expecting 3 more payments then...

I guess I am not making myself clear.  The Form 1040-ES that were included in the print out of your tax return are for your use only.  They are in no way whatsoever reported to the IRS.  You can use them or not.  It is your decision.  The IRS will never see these forms and they were not sent to the IRS with the e-file of your tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies