Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RU2
Level 3

For a non CA resident CA K-1, do I need to file a non resident tax return for 2021 with $35 income?

I have nothing to do with CA but my employer sent me a CA K-1 with about $35 of income on it for 2021. Otherwise, I’m non resident. Do I need to file a CA non resident return?

I know from previous answers and the CA website, it says returns are not required if CA source income is less than about $13k but the CA tax website seems to imply it is required, regardless, if total income (regardless of state) is above a threshold.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

For a non CA resident CA K-1, do I need to file a non resident tax return for 2021 with $35 income?

Above a threshold for nonresidents?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Above a threshold for nonresidents?

RU2
Level 3

Not sure I understand your question, the state website has thresholds for non-residents to file returns, both total income and California source. Despite their website, I’m not clear if I need to file a return with only $35 of CA source state K1 income as a nonresident?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies