Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ging1993
Returning Member

Filing with 1098-T, TurboTax prompted me to pay for upgraded version otherwise I couldnt file with it?

After opting out of upgrading, I was able to keep continue filing but it said I wouldnt be able to use my 1098 T or something along those lines. I have now to use IRS Free File by TurboTax, am I missing out on something by filing free?

Note: After continuing using the free version, I no longer have the option to upgrade, talk with a CPA or anything. I have not completed the filing. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Filing with 1098-T, TurboTax prompted me to pay for upgraded version otherwise I couldnt file with it?

If you use the IRS TurboTax Free File version, there is no way to upgrade. It is a completely free product.

You can enter your 1098-T with another provider in the IRS Free File program, if you like. Please click here to learn more.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ging1993
Returning Member

How would i go about switching back to a paid version of TurboTax? Is it possible?

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, you cannot import your work from IRS TurboTax Free File into a paid version. You will have to re-enter it manually into the paid version. You can get started here

@ging1993

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies