Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing my taxes?

How do I file my taxes for 2022?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Filing my taxes?

No one is filing a 2022 tax return until tax year 2022 ends---so next year in 2023 is when you will do that.

The current online software is for preparing a 2021 tax return.  The deadline for filing your 2021 return was April 18, 2022.  If you do not owe or are getting a refund there is no penalty for missing the deadline.   If you owe tax due for 2021, file and pay ASAP.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-onli...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Filing my taxes?

You don't.....at least not until early in 2023.  @022 has to come to an end first.

What everyone ahs been attempting to file now, in april of 2022...are the 2021 taxes.

IF you haven't filed your 2021 taxes yet, you just continue on filling everything out for yoru 2021 taxes, and you can still e-file them until the middle of October 2022.

IF you end up getting a refund. It's not a problem...but if you end up owing more, there will be some penalties/interest applied and added to what you owe.  The Interest charges are 5% per month (or part of a month) for each month you delay.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
ArnoldEd

Filing my taxes?

If you mean for 2022 you have to wait until 2022 is over.  If you mean for tax year 2021 the link furnished for TurboTax online is a good way to go for simple returns.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies