turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Smiller88

Filing fee

My taxes are on hold. With my hours being lowered due to Covid-19, I am unable to pay the filing fee due April 3rd. Can we set up a payment date for the 6th?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Filing fee

@ Smiller88 wrote:

My taxes are on hold. With my hours being lowered due to Covid-19, I am unable to pay the filing fee due April 3rd. Can we set up a payment date for the 6th?

Oh, no!  Is there a bank auto-debit scheduled for April 3??   Is that the date they have set up to debit your account?    It might be too late, but try the following:

Did you choose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund?  If so, and if you have been getting emailed bills because your Federal refund has been delayed (or reduced) by the IRS, phone TurboTax Support ASAP.  Ask them for a deferment.   

If you don't either pay or ask for a deferment, they will ultimately debit your bank account.   You need to contact them right away.  Once they start the debit process they cannot stop it, and they start it 2-3 days prior to the bank debit.

If the email has a phone number to reach Support, try that first.  If it didn't tell you how to reach Support, here's another way to get a phone number:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Filing fee

@Smiller88 

Try to reach Support as described above.   If TurboTax has already started the process and cannot stop the auto-debit in time, and if you get charged a non-sufficient funds fee by your bank, report back and we can tell you how to appeal it with TurboTax Support.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies