Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Feedback - Enhancement?

It would be nice to have a feature in TurboTax to allow me to enter Estimates prior to the end of the year.   I already know how much income I will have and how much has been withheld by my employer based on what is reported on the pay stub each pay day.   I know how much has been paid in interest and dividends and I can estimate many of the deductible expenses.    I would like to do this to get some idea of what it looks like I will owe to compare with what has been withheld.   If there is a significant difference between the two, I can always have my employer withhold an extra amount on the last paycheck of the year to avoid penalties or I can make an estimated tax payment January 15.    But it would be nice to be able to then use the same TurboTax file as my 1099s arrive in January and February.    As the "real" numbers come in, I'd like to replace my estimates with the actual numbers, but I need to be able to ask TurboTax which numbers in my tax return are still estimates as opposed to actual numbers to make sure I get all of the estimates replaced.   So it would be nice to have an "estimate" mode that flags each of my entries and then an "actual" mode to differentiate between the two and allow me to get a report of the estimates that remain in my tax return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Feedback - Enhancement?

@KU-Jayhawk   if you are using the downloaded/CD version of 2019 TurboTax, the facility already exists ( has existed for many years ) ---- after entering the data , right click while still in the entry box, from the drop- down list  select "mark entry as estimate " ---  the data on the form  would have different color font and  when doing final checks, it will not allow you to file till you clear the  "estimated" flag.  This works in the current  version and I have used it for years to estimate.

God Luck

Feedback - Enhancement?

Thanks, I'll give it a try.   Just got my 2019 TurboTax installed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies