Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

The total refund is almost the same.

TT has like 3000 for 4a and -2000 in 4b

HRB has 1000 in 4a and 4b empty.

Anyway I got rejected again and have to wait.

not sure what went wrong with HRB maybe I will ask them to provide more details.

mfitt

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

This issue is definitely not fixed. I had a return rejected twice today with the same error code,  and when I talked to a Tax Expert, we spent more than an hour on a chat and then she told me it is an IRS issue with no resolve date to share. Super frustrating! 

Great information.  Thank you.

How do you think we will be notified if and when there is a fix to this issue?

This is the IRS project list as of today 2-7.  I can upload this project list item every day if everyone wants.  This is an IRS issue and they have started a project to fix.  As of now it is scheduled for end Feb to mid-March.

IRS 2023-02-07 183648.jpg

IRS_Sucks

Just so I understand:

The IRS changed the rule, TurboTax (and all the other tax software companies) changed their code to comply, but the IRS didn't change their code.  So now, anyone with an AGI of $200K (or $250K if married) can't file their taxes and the IRS thinks March-ish is a good time to fix this.

@beachnit 

Great question! I just updated the FAQ/answer reply, and I'll add a big update as soon as I hear anything.

Based on TurboTax's response so far, the best way is to keep an eye on the IRS's spreadsheet.

I don’t have high hope on IRS…..

Hi everyone, some possibly good news here. I just got off the phone with TurboTax trying to get my refund. I was told by the TT agent that IRS has resolved the F8960-019-04 issue. The agent stated it will take 3 days to fix this on their end and that the update will be ready on 2/10/23!  

I am going to wait three days to try. If not, I’ll file for the refund. 

it seems they got our message here!  Let’s hope the fix works!

@BligBlueLaser Thank you for describing the issue and solution accurately, even if it's pretty much an 
"I'm screwed" situation on a personal level. FWIW, I got the "send it in by mail" and "delete form 8960" from the 2 Turbo Tax representatives I spoke with.

I do have a question for you. I'm currently on disability and am trying to see if there's any way to submit my California return sooner so I can receive my refund. Do you have any suggestions there? 

I'm worried that with the delay and the debt ceiling issue looming, none of us will see our refunds any time soon.

Thanks.

Another updates: my hrb file rejected with code 10  so I suppose it not the same issue with TT.  I am calling irs now

I would wait and resubmit. TT atoms me it will be fixed on 2/10:  

Hi everyone, some possibly good news here. I just got off the phone with TurnoTax trying to get my refund. I was told by the agent that IRS has resolved the F8960-019-04 issue. The agent stated it will take 3 days to fix this on their end and that the update will be ready on 2/10/23!  

I am going to wait three days to try. If not, I’ll file for the refund. 

it seems they hot our message here!  Let’s hope the fix works!

Good work friends! Thank you for this good news!!!

You are able to import a lot of your information from last year‘s TurboTax, but you still have to enter a lot of information again all your W-2s, your banking information and your drivers license

That’s what it asks you to do.  The option to file by mail, but what if you do that and this gets fixed within a week then you cannot electronic file so if you have a refund due you may be waiting a while.

you basically are starting over the only thing you can import is from last year‘s TurboTax into HRB and that’s very minimal stuff. You still have to enter in  all your W-2s, your bank information and your drivers license information. You still have to go through all the steps as if you were creating a new return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies