Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

My refund with HRB was about eight dollars less than TurboTax and form 8960 was definitely filled out differently possibly correctly

jeff78727

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

Okay so I read your update.....if it is not a turbotax issue then why did my filing reject for the Form 8960 which I never had a requirment to have that Form in my filing? So why was that form in my filing that I could not see during review? That sounds like a turbotax issue

Can I just put a plug in on line 7 of form 8960 to give me a positive number on line 8 total?  Yes I know I will pay 3.8% tax but if its only a few bucks, then I can actually efile my return today?  Thoughts?  Just looking for a workaround and not worried if it costs a couple extra bucks.  Thoughts???  I do not want to wait for my refund, would love it now.

Thanks for your work on this answer.  I would think that we would get an official answer from Intuit on this.

If your combined income was over $250,000 than this form is generated weather, you have rental income or any other miscellaneous income. This is why we need a flat national consumption tax so we don’t have to go through this every year and a lot more people will be paying taxes, that get paid under the table or on the side 

@alexclaytor 

Awesome! The big summary is suddenly "awaiting moderation"

Did you remove it, or is someone else suddenly unhappy?

@BligBlueLaser  It sure wasn't me. And oddly someone marked my 2nd post as the answer so I just un-did that.

Really weird. - Let me know when yours is back up and I'll pin it again.

@alexclaytor 

I wonder if both things are the “official response from TurboTax” that we’ve all been wait for?

You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth! Ugh…

@BligBlueLaser  Haha, perhaps.

What's worse is that someone is trolling and this is a serious issue. The username of the person that pinned my 2nd post as the answer was ee-ea, so they might have flagged yours.

Dobsonda1

I submitted my taxes on 2/6 and got the same issue. I’ll give it a few days and then get a refund. Joke. 

skerri7

Still not fixed as of 2/7

tre1039
Returning Member

This is the message I just received from TT chat support:

Thanks so much for your patience regarding this issue. I confirmed that it is a global issue and it was determined that it is not a product defect. As such, I have attached your case to the report so that you can receive an e-mail when the issue is resolved. Unfortunately, since it is not an issue that originated from our product, we have no other option but to wait for it to be resolved for customers still choosing to e-file. I am providing your case number: [] and the incident number: []

Sigh

@alexclaytor 

“ee” is pretty common business shorthand for employee 🤔

@alexclaytor 

Here you go: ee-ea

Tryan1990

So, is th work around here to populate the ACH 1 and this the 8970 form with dummy number ie rental income of $1. and expenses of $1?  Would this satisfy the “population” requirements and allow the return to be accepted?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies