Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

Too late.  While this email tries to explain the issue, TurboTax has delayed any response to the issue for the last 9 days.  I already have my taxes being addressed by a professional.  The "professionals" only look up this issue on the web, just like everyone else.  This is not service.  If Turbotax really cared about not being in this position with pissed off customers, then you should have been a lot more proactive.  My transactions, the last that there will ever be with Turbotax, have now been disputed.  This is such an incredible embarrassment to your company and reputation.     -former loyal customer 

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

Agree. When I created this thread, it was the first on the topic. We have since tagged their "experts" multiple times and received ZERO responses. Everyone who has called seems to get a different response. TurboTax has not yet even issued an official comment on the matter. They are just another bloated corporation resting on their PAST reputation and cutting corners customer service-wise. They would rather publicly ignore the issue and keep taking customers' money than risk scaring them off with the truth.

You would think a company this large would have internal liaisons with the IRS to resolve matters like this.

@alexclaytor @BligBlueLaser 

While getting the million emails a day is annoying as hell (I think Alex said people act more like it’s an FB forum - hahaha!!  But true).  I have been watching everything go down (sadly yes, I do scan them all) and I also read the mind-numbing instructions to the 8960.  We exceed the MAGI and we have income from a small LLC that does graphic design, which is NOT passive work, so as has been stated, TT seems to be doing what it should and the IRS is just punting.  Let’s not forget, that list has a hell of a lot more on it than just this - YIKES!  Anyhow, my long winded point here is that I appreciate that both of you have tried (and tried and tried) to make it easy for people who get it the first time.  Like you’ve said, I’ll wait and hope the IRS gets its $hit figured out so I can e-file by mid-March.  I do agree that TT has been utterly remiss in not dealing with its customers though and sending out a mass notification.  That’s just bad business.  But again thanks to you both for trying to help, even though it seems a lot of people just want to argue.  We’ll see where they are when the IRS updates the rules and their refund gets stuck then…. Cheers to both of you!

Trah1958

After spending hours in the phone and in chats w TT experts, and having my return rejected 3x (I have used TT for over 10 years and never had a rejection AND have never had a rental property), I gave up and filed w HRB and filed. Within 5 minutes my return was accepted.

@Trah1958 

Was your Refund amount on HRB same as the one you were expecting on TurboTax?
 I heard HRB's workaround is to leave 4b empty on on 8690 but by doing so you will pay ~3% extra tax.
Wondering if that additional tax was erroneously deducted from your final refund amount calculated on HRB or you will be receiving the same refund amount 

can you just import all your info into HRB or do you need to start over?

Amen!

Cclmd

Still not fixed.  Is the only alternative to file by mail?

Lesgrah

I got rejected with the error. Went online to H&R Block and was accepted. Seems to me it is a Turbotax problem. 

Lesgrah

I got rejected with the same error. Went online to H&R Block and was accepted using all the same information. 

Lesgrah

Same thing with us. Was rejected twice, with to HRB and was accepted within minutes. 

Lesgrah

I also was rejected with TT 2x and went to HRB. My refund was more and the charge was less. Not by much on either but I was accepted within minutes using all the same information. 

did you have to re-enter all the info or could you just import it from TT?

I think I smell a class action lawsuit. TT said they would issue a refund. 30 minutes later they told me to pound sand. They don’t provide a credit after you send the errored return!

@F8960-019-04 

I would try again with a different representative. I was offered and accepted a refund from Turbo Tax without even asking when I brought up the issue. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies