Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jdchew5

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

Did TT refund you for e-filing fees? I will use HRB now too! 

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

• If TT doesnt refund you and you had to use another tax filing software, I would recommend doing a chargeback on your CC. You obviously didn't receive services/goods that you paid TT for, the ability to efile your taxes.

Charge back is not off the table for me I think.  This if TT issue will definitely trigger a class action against TT and we will get probably 5 cents on the dollar because attorneys will get the rest.

Disappointing handling on TurboTax part F8960-019-04. This seems to be an issue that impacted too many people and TT live help appears helpless and uninformed. When this was first reported, why did not TT cease filing temporarily or at least provided a warning to people. Rather, its software kept saying everything is fine file away. Very disappointing. 

IRS needs 87,000 new computer programmers even more than the 87,000 new agents! 

Totally right!  TurboTax shouldn't have let us file and get rejected by the IRS if they knew about the problem.

Can anyone else conform the redoing their return on HRB worked?

I really can't believe that TT has not chimed in with information, very disappointed. i have used TT since it came out and have never run into anything like this. 

I spent an hour yesterday with their online help and was stunned to find out that they had no idea. They were online searching things just like me! and their answer was just wait a few weeks and resubmit it is a processing error! when I pressed them on where the processing error occurred they said its a processing error. Truly stunning.

coffeymaker2
Returning Member

According to the IRS website of known issues, a new date for the resolution of this issue has been published (as of 2/1) :  "Business Rules will be updated sometime in late February to mid-March 2023." 

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/known-issues-and-solutions

@rcornwell9367 

Shameful that the TT experts still don’t have a consistent detailed message on this issue.

I keep tagging in the TT experts from the “Meet the Experts” sidebar on this page, and all we get is crickets. Let’s try it again?

@MichaelG81 

@LindaS5247 

@JosephS1 

@SantinoD 

@RalphH1 

SO this is clearly a Turbo Tax issue. I went into my tax forms that I printed since the ability to see the forms using the TT program is pathetically small. I see that this miscalculation actually is causing me to get a smaller refund. If the problem is corrected, I will see $50 more. That said, we are talking about a refund that is significantly large so $50 is not much but it is still something.

DEAR TURBO TAX-

I have been using your program since it was MacInTax and have never seen such a mess. Fix the issue and release a patch to update the program. It appears to be simple. Since we cannot make overrides ourselves, this needs to be done ASAP.

And, yes, I will be asking for a refund on my Turbo Tax purchase when this is all sorted out.

Regards,

A Long Time Turbo Tax User.....maybe for the last time.....

😡

It's quite possible depending on how their forum software works, thats since the issue is marked solved, there are no notifications. Perhaps someone should open a new issue that feels like taking the time to do a proper write-up explaining the issue and asking turbo tax "experts" for a thoughtful explanation and guidance/timeline on next steps. My 2 cents only of course. I myself don't care about federal as I owe money, but the rejection in federal triggers a rejection on state as well where I am due a substantial refund. Frustrating to say the least, but communication, or lack there of, is key in these types of situations. 

Is yours still pending? Or was it accepted 

Federal and state were rejected do to issue discussed in this thread.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies