Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Ok my return was rejected because of a needed update to interview questions on 1095-A marketplace interview.

I went back through this section and I don't see anything that has changed. Everything is still filled out the same. Do I have to wait till February 20th for the changes or do I just refile? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

@Critter @JamesG1 @DoninGA

Hopefully this helps people

Thanks to folks that posted with ideas and answers. 

I just got of the phone with TT 

She was able to view my screen as I went through everything. 

Everything was filed out correctly

as we went to the

"fix your return" button on  tax home screen.

The next page after clicking that button 

" description of error:

your tax return is on hold pending ongoing updates to interview questions regarding form 1095-a health insurance Marketplace statement.

what needs to be done:

action needed:

important information about your federal tax return on February 20th or later your tax return will include an updated interview question regarding form 1095-a health insurance Market statement. please pay careful attention if any of your dependents are filing a separate tax return. The household income is part of the calculation for the premium tax credit. What do I do now if you are using a CD or download version of turbotax on or after February 20th update TurboTax at support site.

Please review your answers under the topic of the Affordable Care Act 1095-a in the deductions and credits section. Make any corrections if prompted e-file your return you won't be charged we apologize for any inconvenience thank you for using TurboTax

She said I need to wait till the 20th of February and log in and make any corrections.

Does this make sense to you guys? 

Hopefully it helps someone else. I know I have seen a lot of people on here with this issue. 

View solution in original post

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

I had the same rejection code and logged in this morning to update and refile, but no new questions were present.  I called TT and the woman I spoke with said that she is not 100% when the update is going to be completed.  She recommended waiting another day before refiling to be sure the update has happened.  We walked thru the questions and no new questions were present.  She said I could go ahead and refile but it may come back rejected again.  

The first time i had to wait 5 days in the air of tax returns waiting for an acceptance or rejected email.  5 days to get a rejected email.  I dont want to waste another 5 days waiting, so I am going to check back later today to see if any new questions were added.

I wouldnt bother calling TT.  They dont have any new information.

hollyhcs1

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Hey everyone! So just got off phone with Turbotax support and this is update (I just refiled last night on 2/19 and had a rejection email again this morning!). I was told the issue was due to a form not available to be e-filed until the 20th (was suppose to be 12th but as all things got delayed ha!) BUT you did fill it out just in case filing by mail so if sign back in today 2/20 just resubmit e-file (no changes will be made or seen) the form should submit correctly. If want to be certain can wait a day to file again, just FYI while searching for answers I saw that can only e-file up to 5 times before required to file by mail...no thank you! haha HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ALL 🙂

187 Replies

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and the Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

I have followed the instructions and it is saying I will have to mail it in is there not a way to e-file form 8962

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Also I haven't received a letter from the irs I just received an email from turbotax.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Here is how you complete IRS form 8962. 

Please follow the directions in the TurboTax email regarding whether you need to amend your tax return or mail form 8962 to the IRS.

See these directions:

• Select that you want to Add a state - this lets you into the program without the amend process starting.
  • In the top right corner, locate the Magnifying glass/Search
  • enter the exact words 1095a.
  • Select the first entry Jump to 1095a.
  • Fill in the 1095a information.
  • Print and mail IRS form 8962.
  • The IRS may adjust your refund once they receive your form 8962. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

@coocoobird7

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Your federal tax return was rejected

This happens from time to time, but we're here to help.

We'll walk you through updating and e-filing your return every step of the way.

What happened

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEmpty_ErrorHold - Your tax return is on hold pending ongoing updates to interview questions regarding Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement.

Next step

We'll help you get this updated on your federal return and e-file .

To update your return

Simply sign in to TurboTax and we'll walk you through making the updates you need, then help you e-file your updated return.

If it isn't possible to e-file your updated return, we'll make sure you have everything you need to print and file your tax return by mail.

Need your user ID or password?

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Ok ... was the return REJECTED for a missing 1095-A ?  Did you get an email from TT to fix your rejection ?

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

@Joshuahowe

I see the rejection message ... what you need to do is open your return ... complete the 1095-A section again then complete the REVIEW  &  FILE tabs and retransmit the return.

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

@Critter @JamesG1 @DoninGA

Hopefully this helps people

Thanks to folks that posted with ideas and answers. 

I just got of the phone with TT 

She was able to view my screen as I went through everything. 

Everything was filed out correctly

as we went to the

"fix your return" button on  tax home screen.

The next page after clicking that button 

" description of error:

your tax return is on hold pending ongoing updates to interview questions regarding form 1095-a health insurance Marketplace statement.

what needs to be done:

action needed:

important information about your federal tax return on February 20th or later your tax return will include an updated interview question regarding form 1095-a health insurance Market statement. please pay careful attention if any of your dependents are filing a separate tax return. The household income is part of the calculation for the premium tax credit. What do I do now if you are using a CD or download version of turbotax on or after February 20th update TurboTax at support site.

Please review your answers under the topic of the Affordable Care Act 1095-a in the deductions and credits section. Make any corrections if prompted e-file your return you won't be charged we apologize for any inconvenience thank you for using TurboTax

She said I need to wait till the 20th of February and log in and make any corrections.

Does this make sense to you guys? 

Hopefully it helps someone else. I know I have seen a lot of people on here with this issue. 

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

I got the same message saying log in today (2/20) and under the deductions part to look for interview questions 1095 A regulating. What does that mean? I don’t see any new questions.

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

I’m having the same problem. So I need to re-enter the info on 1095A? Also do I need to submit the 8962 as well? 

Yari83

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

I got the same rejection message and saw nothing new when I logged in today 2/20. Has the new question not been uploaded? Should I wait to refile?

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

I got rejected and do not see the new question as well. Very frustrating!!! 2/20 at 7:56 and not seeing any new questions. Wondering if I should resubmit or wait until business hours to resubmit? Come on Turbo Tax!!  

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

I had the same rejection code and logged in this morning to update and refile, but no new questions were present.  I called TT and the woman I spoke with said that she is not 100% when the update is going to be completed.  She recommended waiting another day before refiling to be sure the update has happened.  We walked thru the questions and no new questions were present.  She said I could go ahead and refile but it may come back rejected again.  

The first time i had to wait 5 days in the air of tax returns waiting for an acceptance or rejected email.  5 days to get a rejected email.  I dont want to waste another 5 days waiting, so I am going to check back later today to see if any new questions were added.

I wouldnt bother calling TT.  They dont have any new information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies