Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Accepted within 30 minutes!! 

hollyhcs1

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Hey everyone! So just got off phone with Turbotax support and this is update (I just refiled last night on 2/19 and had a rejection email again this morning!). I was told the issue was due to a form not available to be e-filed until the 20th (was suppose to be 12th but as all things got delayed ha!) BUT you did fill it out just in case filing by mail so if sign back in today 2/20 just resubmit e-file (no changes will be made or seen) the form should submit correctly. If want to be certain can wait a day to file again, just FYI while searching for answers I saw that can only e-file up to 5 times before required to file by mail...no thank you! haha HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ALL 🙂

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Mine was just ACCEPTED!!!!!!!  I am so relieved!!! This has been a huge worry and tension! I have used TT for YEARS and have never had this trouble.  Thank goodness for this thread!  Thanks for all sticking together over the last several hours.  I was not hopeful after speaking to TT this morning at 7am!  

Lily you are great! Thanks for figuring it out for everyone!  I did exactly what she said... I deleted my entire 1095 A entry and re-entered it.  When it came to the questions, instead of  checking the self employed box, i chose the dependents box and entered 0.  I was accepted with in 20 mins!  

THANK YOU!

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

@knc07 Good. I hope mine gets accepted.

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

I tried again and it was accepted within 20 minutes.

I deleted my entire 1095 A entry and re-entered it.
This time I checked “I'm self-employed and bought a Marketplace plan.” as that applies to me, and I don’t remember seeing it the first time.

I did not do that trick of choosing the dependents box and entering 0.

davidyeh107
Returning Member

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Just spoke to a TT customer service. He said the update will be released by 2/27. Need to wait for another week to re-file

demjjm

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

THIS WORKED!

My adult daughter who is included on our 1095A had her tax return reject for 8962 2b being blank, which it should be because she has no dependent AGI. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned clicking forms (upper right corner) finding form 8962 and manually changing 8962 question 2b from 'blank to' 0. We did this and within minutes she received confirmation that her return was accepted, so the suggestion appears to have worked. 

What is strange however is I check my wife's and my joint return and 8962 2b is also blank. We assumed our return would also be getting rejected, since our adult daughter's income is considered part of the household income for purposes of the marketplace and presumably should have entered here, although we were never prompted to do so via the Q&A when completing the return. We just received confirmation that our return was accepted as well which really doesn't make sense. We did note on the Q&A that a taxpayer not appearing on our return was also on the 1095A and we entered her SSN and percentages when prompted to do. We'll see how it all plays out, but I would suggest the solution I mentioned above.  

clbush0724
Returning Member

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Deleting my 1095-A info and entering it again worked for me, too. I did not have to change any of my responses. I resubmitted at 12:47 and it was accepted by the IRS less than 30 minutes later. Cheers to the folks in this group. When I spoke to TT this morning, the rep had no idea what I was talking about and I was honestly quite nervous about how to solve the issue. 

azl

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

My return was rejected twice....then I resent today 2-20-20 and it was accepted....so whatever the glitch was or update that was needed, it is fixed.  Good news

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

you have 3 choices for the checking box, I actually have 4. the missing one that I don't see there for me is (I'm self employed and bought marketplace health)

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Thanks, that's what I just did and it worked. Delete your 1095-A and re enter it.  I got accepted within 5 minutes.

Mdtaxdrew

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Thank you!!! This is the fix! I called the irs and TT. IRS confirmed this error was for an empty 2b on form 8962. 

Heavygmi23235
Returning Member

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

I was able to submit my return after getting this message to few minutes ago. I guess the fix was put in. Or at least I was able to answer something I didnt see before. I had a dependent who filed separately.  So once i put the info in saved and retransmitted it was.only a matter.of minutes before it was accepted.. i hope this helps those who still have been unable to successfully have their return accepted.. good luck.. 

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

I went and fixed..I deleted and readded  the info as it was...but you mention the part of lime 2b in 8962 form...but I can't find that section...I refined already so let's see what happens.

FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

I got it!!! I've been accepted!! Thank you all for the lonely advise...I just deleted and reentered info...and refiled...thank you all and good luck!!🤪

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies