Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Extension payment not reducing tax due

Hi all, I made a $300 extension payment outside of turbotax this year. When I enter it in the "estimates and other taxes paid" section as directed, it is not reducing my tax due. I have removed it, no tax increase. I added it back, no tax decrease.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Look at your actual tax return form 1040 to verify the extension payment has been entered.

The federal extension payment will be shown on Form 1040 Line 17 and on Schedule 5 Line 71

You can view your Form 1040 at any time. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

Right, it is not there. In the user interface, it shows but it is not being calculated.

What's weird too is that when I try to delete it from the user interface, it comes right back when I leave the screen and come back.

Can you post a diagnostic file please?  Post the Token number you get.  The file is stripped out of all your Personal Info

TurboTax Online

1. Sign into your online account and select Take me to my return

2. Locate the Tax Tools on the left hand side of the screen.

3. A Drop down will appear. Click on Tools, then Share my file with agent.

5. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click on OK, the tax file gets sanitized and transmitted to us.

6. Please provide the Token Number that was generated onto a response and we will give it to the moderator.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

After you send the diagnostic file, try deleting Form 4868 and see if that solves the problem. Please let us know if that works.

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies