Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Electronic Filing History

Anyone out there having trouble getting a detailed Electronic Filing History when using the desktop version of TT. This report always had been accessible in prior years, but for some reason, all I see on the report are multiple entries of that "Succeeded Agency" stuff that means my returns were forwarded to the appropriate government agency.

I received my email confirmations of ACCEPTANCE and of course the status "ACCEPTED" for both state and federal on the desktop screen in the program. I also received the usual Electronic Postmark acceptance too which is fine. Just wondering if the electronic filing history has an issue this year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the below steps:

• Click on the File tab
  • Click Electronic Filing
  • Click Show Electronic Filing history. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Michelle...I know how to pull up the report...when the report comes up, I'm just seeing "Succeeded Agency" stuff. In prior years, I always saw chronolgical order of events, dates, times, from when I submitted to all the way to ACCEPTED. What are you showing for your report this year?

I am using TT Premier on a Mac. There is no option for "Electronic Filing" under the File menu, only a "Check E-Filing Status" which simply checks for status rather than show choices for viewing the history. Can you please explain how to view the history using the Mac version of the app? Thanks.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The program seems to have been updated, so this is no longer available to view. 

Are you having an issue with a previous return that you are trying to verify was sent? @JohnBu 

Thanks.... I have all my Electronic Filing Histories from prior years. It's just when I tried to get it for 2022, it came up "Succeeded Agency" a bunch of times. 

It's no big deal now, but it's always a "nice to have" chronological events of electronic filing. I'm aware that others are seeing the same results too. 

How did you become aware of a program update that essentially made this report disappear?

Sorry...I can not help you on the MAC issue. I use desktop Windows11.

Yes, that is exactly the problem. My federal return for 2022 has indeed been e-filed and accepted by the IRS, but TT won't register that, as described here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-tt-shows-incorrect-e-filing-status/01/2949995

Responses on that thread have not been helpful. Perhaps you can explain how to address this issue?

I use Windows...I got my Electronic Postmark, Acceptance screens under Filing Status, and both emails of transmission and acceptance.

Under Electronic Filing History  it only shows Succeeded Agency which means accepted. I  had no problem filing the state return either. MAC system can be different than Windows so not sure how to help. Support couldn't really answer my questions either.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to access your Tax Timeline.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies