Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BawanaRon

E-file transmission error

Every time I try to submit my tax files, I get an error message saying I need to update the program. I search for any updates, and it tells me I'm up to date. I even upgraded the tax program from premiere to home and business ($10) thinking that was the problem. But I still can't submit the e-files. I also will not give me a printed copy of what I would be sending the IRS. Tells me to save it as a PDF, which I can do.

I've paid for the audit protection and got confirmation of that and also paid for the state filing ($25) TWICE and got confirmation. 

Been using TT since 2009, never had a problem, 

This is getting costly

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

This issue would best be handled by contacting customer care, as we are limited on the troubleshooting we can perform in this public forum. Please click here for steps to contact customer care.

BawanaRon

Did I get a question answered? NO. There is no way to get in contact with someone at TT. They need to add alive chat to the customer care of the program. The fix I used that allowed me to get my taxes e-filed was uninstall my TT program and reinstall it. That got the filing completed, but still was unable to print it. I saved it as a PDF file and printed it from there. Last year I used TT and right after I filed my computer crashed losing all my saved TT files. I thought it was a glitch in my Windows 10, but after this year's cluster ... I think it is a bug in TT.

flenjpa
Returning Member

Today, March 11, I also got an error message trying to e-file. I called Turbo Tax support and was told it is a known technical problem on Turbo Tax's end. It should be fixed by Monday, March 14.

The wait time to connect with a real live human being was only a couple of minutes. 

1-800-4-INTUIT ([phone number removed])

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies