Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

skimt1

E-file injured spouse

Form 8379 injured spouse
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

E-file injured spouse

Form 8379 lets you (the "injured spouse") get back your portion of a refund from a jointly-filed tax return if it's seized or offset to pay your spouse's debt.

You must file jointly to use this form. Filing an 8379 will delay your federal refund by up to 14 weeks.

To file this form in TurboTax:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. In the search box, enter injured spouse and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Do you want to claim innocent or injured spouse relief? and carefully follow the onscreen instructions.
  4. Please be aware that when you get to the Tell Us More About Your Situation screen, in order to meet all qualifications to file the form, the box I am not required to pay the past due amount must apply to you. If so, check the box.

Note: Pay close attention to the screens, as some of them apply to innocent spouse relief, which is different. Leave those questions blank if you only want to claim injured spouse relief.

What if I've already filed my tax return?

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

E-file injured spouse

I need help in pulling up the Form for Injured Spouse.  I do not get a 'jump to" when I search, I get a list of all articles, etc that pertain to injured spouse and/or innocent spouse.   I am in my tax return, ready to file, but can't until I complete the injured spouse form.   Is there a link or maybe screen shots I could see.....thank you

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

E-file injured spouse

Follow the instructions in this help article to add the Injured Spouse form. Use this link here to contact Customer Support if you need further assistance. 

@corinne0235

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies