turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E file and mail what’s the differnece

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

efile gets the return filed faster because it's literally computer to computer transfer of data so certain info can be directly verified and you get your refund sooner 3-4 weeks vs 6-8 weeks.  you save postage and there is no chance of it getting lost in the mail.  if there are issues you get a rejection email so you can possibly fix the issue(s).   certain issues can't be fixed and then the return has to be mailed 

mailing takes longer because first it must successfully arrive.  then wait to get pulled to be entered manually in the IRS computers.   

even if you owe,  you can still efile and go to IRS website to set up payment and date .  it does not have to be submitted with the return (if you owe and use IRS website to pay - checking savings for free credit or debit card for a fee - don't submit 1040-V) 

there is a $20 fee for efiling most states.  if yo don't want to pay the fee, you can still efile federal while mailing state 

I can not file by mail since do not have a printer and the libraries are all closed due to vivid.   therefore, I need to file electrically but unable to figure out the method to pay the $20 fee.  Do I need to buy your sum other companies product and can I return your product to staples for refund.  

I want to pay the fee but your turbo tax product displays a screen with the left side truncated and I can not get the turbo tax to accept my payment .   Since I can not used your product to file my taxes can I get a refund

I do not ow money the state owes my.  Your product will not let me pay the $20 electric filing fee so I am not able to use your product!@!!

I want to pay the fee but your product does not enable me to -    If you can not get me help can I get my money back to try another company's product

AM I TALKING TO A PERSON OR A MACHINE - YOU DO NOT SEEM TO BE HUMAN

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

THIS IS NOT FUNNY      I GIVE UP

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you need to pay for the product fees and are unable to online, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies