Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Re e-file 2020 by transferring all filed data to new TTforms

I E-filed my 2020 TT 5/21 and have just discovered they did not get filed ( even though I have all the final TT form instructions re payment and bank info listed.) I want to refile electronic but my existing forms having been completed as noted and won't take me to the final (re)filing steps. I don't want to reenter all info. How do I transfer the completed forms to a new submission, ie just move the data to a new TT filing?

My 2021 tax filing has been rejected twice because the "AGI amount from prior year is not correct in identifying me".....of course, there is no prior year on record.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It's too late to efile 2020 or prior.  How do you know it wasn't filed?  If you need to file it now you will have to print and mail it.  It probably did get filed.   The IRS is still processing 2020 returns.  Did you try entering 0 for the AGI to efile 2021?

Did you use the Online version or the Desktop program?  When you efiled did you get back the Accepted email?  

If you used the Online version, When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

You can now check the IRS IRS Where's my refund to Look up prior years.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

It's too late to efile 2020 or prior.  How do you know it wasn't filed?  If you need to file it now you will have to print and mail it.  It probably did get filed.   The IRS is still processing 2020 returns.  Did you try entering 0 for the AGI to efile 2021?

Did you use the Online version or the Desktop program?  When you efiled did you get back the Accepted email?  

If you used the Online version, When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

You can now check the IRS IRS Where's my refund to Look up prior years.  

Yes, the reply was spot on! I put 0 in the AGI space and both filings were accepted within an hour! However, I haven't been able to determine if they ever received by 2020 filing (of 5/16/2021).  No, I don't have an acceptance, and don't recall getting one, thus thinking the filing didn't go thru. (I have the normal TT summary of filing...the date, amount due, estimated quarterly payments for the new year, etc.) I can't get back on to the 2020 TT download and impossible to get any one at IRS. I'm ready to just mail a copy.

Any suggestions?   

arrowman

@arrowman 

Any suggestions?   

keep trying to contact IRS.

They will tell you if they received your 2020 tax return or not.

The best time to call is early AM just as the phone lines open, then you can get on HOLD.

If you e-Filed successfully your refund status should show on IRS.gov.

You don't want to mail a second return if you did e-File.

The reason no one can get through is when they do talk to you the process for looking up your return is absurdly long; you have to go on HOLD again for that.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies