turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

During Review, I came to a 'Check this Entry' page asking to enter Data Acquired for stock sales on 1099B. Despite entering the date, it comes back. I am stuck in a loop.

How do I satisfy the request and carry on to the next steps?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

During Review, I came to a 'Check this Entry' page asking to enter Data Acquired for stock sales on 1099B. Despite entering the date, it comes back. I am stuck in a loop.

Larger thread here with a few things worth trying to get around the issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Experiencing the same exact issue.

The date acquired is plainly visible in the form entry too, but nonetheless submitting the same date into the text box and hitting "Continue" does nothing, the widget basically just reloads.

Larger thread here with a few things worth trying to get around the issue.

Thanks for connecting the threads!

Sure thing, let us know here or there (both?) if any workarounds help you.

I myself will likely do the suggestion where you pull the data (provided via "magic" api call to fetch your investing data) out of the filing and then re-enter manually as a lump sum P/L which doesn't require any dates.

Just procrastinating actually trying that cause I'm frustrated as hell with TurboTax rn, I doubt the issue is on the end of several different investing brokerages' API's (I was a Stash customer in 2020, aka Apex Clearinghouse Corporation is my brokerage where I fetch data from).

Plus this api fetch worked 100% perfectly last year. Granted I had a lot more activity this year, but none of it was any new "kinds" of activity, so I don't understand why it's any more complex to handle this year than last year. I suspect the TurboTax development team(s) introduced a software bug this year that causes this issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies