turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

scotthwerden
Returning Member

Download 1099, TT says it needs review, which I do, which leads me back to downloading the 1099. I am stuck in a loop. How do I get out of it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Download 1099, TT says it needs review, which I do, which leads me back to downloading the 1099. I am stuck in a loop. How do I get out of it?

If this is referring to 1099-DIV, the issue has been fixed.  If it's not, please write back with clarification.  Please make sure to update your TurboTax program.  To read details, click here:

1099-DIV needs review

A common reason for receiving a 1099-DIV form is because some of the stocks you own pay dividends, or a mutual fund you invest in made a capital gains distribution to you during the year. It is possible that you might also receive US government related funds that are tax exempt.  You won’t file the 1099-DIV with the Internal Revenue Service, but you will need the information it reports when preparing your tax return.

For more information, click here: 1099-DIV

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
scotthwerden
Returning Member

No, this happened with 1099-INT.  When I started the Federal Tax portion, it offered to download from Schwab, which I did. I have multiple accounts at Schwab so I get multiple 1099 typically. Upon completion I had a screen with six entries. Four of them had $0 for the amount and each said "Review required". But when I hit the button to review, it took me back to the page to download all my stuff from Schwab. There is no way I can review them. I am not sure what the $0 amount means or how I fix it.

scotthwerden
Returning Member

My conclusion is that the 1099-INT that Turbo is telling me need review are bogus, but it is hard to tell because it won't let me see the documents in question. I deleted the item but it worries me I am deleting something that might be legitimate, but it allowed me to move on. It does not give me confidence in Turbo. 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Type '1099-INT' in the Search area, then 'Jump to 1099-INT'.

At the Summary page, you can see if you have a entered duplicate entries and need to delete one. Which you may have already deleted one and this is why you was able to move on.

"Employee Tax Expert MarilynG1"

scotthwerden
Returning Member

MaryG1 - that is ultimately how I resolved this, for all the bad 1099s I had (which I think totaled 4). The problem is I did not enter the bad 1099-INT, or 1099-R, or 1099-DIV, TurboTax did when it downloaded my data from Schwab. It said I had more 1099 than existed on Schwab. Actually it looks like it might have have tried to use data from last year's return for some reason (I used TT last year also). TurboTax has a bug and while I fixed my return, what I fixed was the problem your bug created. You guys should fix your bugs in how you import data. 

Turbo Tax may just be asking if you have more 1099's to import.  Scroll down and see if you see [Done or Next or Continue]

If nothing else works, change from Step-By-Step to Forms.  In Turbo Tax Menu View -> Forms; or CTRL-2.

To return to Step-By-Step: View -> Step-by-Step; or CTRL-1.

That will get you out of the loop. 

I imported from two different brokerage firms.  Both were consolidated 1099's (INT DIV and B all in one).  One had 10 items on 1099-B - all correct.  The other had 463 with 6 errors.  The errors were all from a long option trade that expired worthless, and it should the cost as a negative number.  The number was correct, just in the wrong box.  Solution was to enter the negative loss as the cost and the proceeds as zero, which generates a loss of the same original amount.  I had a little trouble finding the errors until I realized there was a scroll and I could slide until I saw the red highlighted errors.  So 457 entries imported correctly out of 463. That's a 98.7 % success rate.

You may just need to look for the slide or the button.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies