Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Double Charge?

I just signed up and download 2020 program; now I get a notice aboutTurbo Tax Advantage enrollment dated Dec. 12, 2017 for $100. under my Visa card 6016.  Says I won't be charged until November 2021.  Is this just from a past T.T. Advantage sign up?  I only need one program for 2020 tax return.  Make sure I only get charged one time for $100.  My home phone [phone number removed] has a recorder, call me and leave message if I do not answer or email me at:  [email address removed]

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Double Charge?

When you say you signed up, did you open a new TurboTax Advantage account?  Or did you simply sign into your TurboTax account (not Advantage) and download the new 2020 product?

TurboTax Advantage is the auto-renew program, ensuring that you'll always receive the TurboTax product of your choice each year without ordering it again.  If you already have a TurboTax Advantage account (from Dec., 2017?), it may be under a different login.  You can cancel that TurboTax Advantage account (use the same login that you originally signed up with) by following the instructions included in the TurboTax FAQ linked below.

How do I cancel my TurboTax Advantage subscription? 

If you won't be charged until November, 2021, that indicates that your purchase is for next year's product (2021).  

If you continue to have difficulty, please contact TurboTax Customer Support during regular business hours.  Use the info linked below to contact Support.

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Double Charge?

When you say you signed up, did you open a new TurboTax Advantage account?  Or did you simply sign into your TurboTax account (not Advantage) and download the new 2020 product?

TurboTax Advantage is the auto-renew program, ensuring that you'll always receive the TurboTax product of your choice each year without ordering it again.  If you already have a TurboTax Advantage account (from Dec., 2017?), it may be under a different login.  You can cancel that TurboTax Advantage account (use the same login that you originally signed up with) by following the instructions included in the TurboTax FAQ linked below.

How do I cancel my TurboTax Advantage subscription? 

If you won't be charged until November, 2021, that indicates that your purchase is for next year's product (2021).  

If you continue to have difficulty, please contact TurboTax Customer Support during regular business hours.  Use the info linked below to contact Support.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
Wilch66

Double Charge?

Order confirmation   
Thank you for your order,
Chad!   [PII Removed]
Order number: 
Order date: Mar 28, 2021
Total charges: $110.00
Payment method: Visa *
Order information
Qty Item Amount
1 TURBOTAX ONLINE STATE GA TAX YEAR 2020 PREP $50.00
1 TURBOTAX ONLINE DELUXE TAX YEAR 2020 PREP $60.00
  Subtotal:     $110.00
  Sales Tax:     $0.00
  Total:     $110.00
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Double Charge?

@Wilch66 I'd recommend removing your personal info from this forum, as it is not secure.  

That said, I don't see a double-charge in what you posted.  If you have indeed been charged twice for the SAME product, you'll need to contact TurboTax Customer Support during business hours.  Someone there will assist you.  Use the info I'm linking below to contact Support.

How do I contact TurboTax? 

lamarryan 1
Returning Member

Double Charge?

please call me [phone number removed]  as i cannot get through.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Double Charge?

@lamarryan 1 I'm sorry, but no one in this forum can call you.  You'll need to speak to Customer Support during business hours.

Teddytax4me
Returning Member

Double Charge?

I had to restart and cancel my first attempt in in submitting my 2021 tax info.  I was charged twice for fees costing $45.00 and $21.45.  Is it possible to be refunded these redundant charges?  Thank you. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Double Charge?

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support to have someone review the fees with you. To get you to the right person, use the keywords billing issues​​​​​​.

@Teddytax4me

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies