turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kingjt98

Tax Year 2020: Does anyone know if the i.r.s is sending our stimulus money to Turbotax by accident? whats going on?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JulieC14
Expert Alumni

Tax Year 2020: Does anyone know if the i.r.s is sending our stimulus money to Turbotax by accident? whats going on?

TurboTax is aware that a number of customers have experienced issues regarding the receipt of their second stimulus payment.  TurboTax is working with the IRS to ensure the proper information is submitted. Please click on the following link for additional information: Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

To check your stimulus check status, you can go to the IRS Get My Payment tool. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was deposited or mailed. The IRS has indicated there’s nothing you can do to change where they send your payment

If your stimulus check is going to a Turbo Card, see more information here:  Access Your Stimulus Payment on Your Turbo® Card | TurboTax® (intuit.com)

If you have not received your payment by mid-January and your status remains "unavailable" at Get My Payment, then you can claim your credit when you file your 2020 tax return.  To do this, you will need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 taxes to get your money. 

TurboTax will guide you through the process of filing your 2020 return and including the Recovery Rebate Credit form on your return.  TurboTax® Official Site: File Taxes Online, Tax Filing Made Easy (intuit.com)

For further information, see this link:  Get Your Second Stimulus Check | TurboTax® Official Guide (intuit.com)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why isn't Turbo Tax taking more responsibility in making sure our payment is sent to us!  We cannot continue to wait for tax time for a rebate/credit!  This is OUR money and we should have it !  Just as H & R Block did for their customers.  We should not have to wait for an error on Turbo Tax side.  Make it right!

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax has not received any Economic Impact Payments. The IRS recently began issuing a second round of stimulus payments to those eligible.  Unfortunately, because of an IRS error, millions of payments were sent to the wrong accounts and some may not have received their stimulus payment.  We have been working tirelessly on a solution with the Treasury and the IRS.  As a result, our expectation now is that within days the error will be corrected and stimulus payments will begin being deposited into the correct bank accounts.  We have also re-confirmed with the IRS that they have all of the correct banking information for our customers. 

We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and that everyone is anxious to get their money, now more than ever.  We will keep you updated on our efforts, and we will stay on this until you get your money.  For general stimulus information, you can visit our Stimulus Tax Center here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies