Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1buyhi

Do you have to pay extra to file state tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

You do not pay to e-file the state return--there is no extra charge to e-file the state when you use online software--which is what you are posting from.  But to prepare the state return and use TT's software for the state costs $44.99.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
liztan911

But why am I being asked to pay an extra $19.99?

@liztan911 We cannot see from your post what software you are using.  As explained earlier--if you are using desktop software there is a fee to E-FILE a state return, even though you got the software to prepare the state return as part of the software package.

Are you saying you are being charged $19.99 for an online state return?  That does not sound correct--it would now be  an extra $50 to prepare and file a state return using online TurboTax, because the early bird discounts are over.  Where are you seeing $19.99?

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies