turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

olismatr

Do I need to resubmit my taxes if I receive my stimulus after filing them and stated that I had not received them?

When I filed my 2020 taxes I had not received my 2nd stimulus yet. About a week after filing my taxes (where I selected I hadn't received the money) my 2nd stimulus arrived. Now I don't know if I need to correct my 2020 taxes or if it will be updated automatically.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Do I need to resubmit my taxes if I receive my stimulus after filing them and stated that I had not received them?

The IRS announced that it would stop processing stimulus payments on January 15.  But it continued to process them until February 5.  So there are many people in the same situation as you are in.  The IRS has not yet let us know how they intend to handle this.  

They will open to accept 2020 returns on February 12.  We expect to hear from them if anything will need to be done and how they will handle this situation. 

I do not believe that you will have to refile or do anything to correct the issue.

mariadelcarmen51
Returning Member

I keep getting a message that my federal and stat were rejected. I keep defiling and it keeps rejecting. I would like to speak with a live person. 

mariadelcarmen51
Returning Member

My return gets rejected so I change the agi from prior year and now I don't which one to send nor what is the issue

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Be careful~do not keep trying to e-file without correcting the rejection or you will not be able to e-file. There is a limit to the number of times you can try to e-file as a fraud protection. If that happens and you are no longer allowed to e-file, the return may need to be mailed  instead. 

TurboTax will help you fix the rejection. Also, the email received will tell exactly why the return was rejected so that it can be correct. For more details, see: How do I fix a rejected return?

For help with AGI: How do I find last year’s AGI?

For help with the second stimulus check that was received before the return was rejected, go ahead and change that now. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to the search box in the top right corner and enter stimulus.
  • Click the Jump to link to go to the Recovery Rebate Credit section.
  • Answer yes to It looks like you qualified for the stimulus, did you get any payments?
  • At Let's double-check the amount you received, select no to adjust the amounts received. Update the second stimulus for the amount you have received.

@mariadelcarmen51

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies