turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to pay $140 even though I got TurboTax License Code?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Uh-oh.   You appear to be using Online Premier.

Did you buy Premier desktop software (CD/download) but then used Online TurboTax (web version) by mistake?   A license code that came with a purchased software version can only be used in the desktop software.

If so, we can tell you how to download your *.tax2020 data file you started online so you can finish it and file in the desktop software you purchased.   You won't have to start over.

dandjdjathome1
Returning Member

Hi

How are you doing?

Yes, I did purchase with my friends at work. We have been doing this for more than 10 years. And then I have to purchase the 2nd one from my roommate who uses his turbotak also.  Now, I have problem printing tax return since I stopped using Windows 10 , I am using Chromebook and MacBook Apple laptop. Please help me pring the tax return, please

Thank you.

DJ Dan

Note: I could provide you with 2 license codes if you need it,

dandjdjathome1
Returning Member

Hi Please download turbotrax software for me.   I am using MacBook Pro  Laptop.   my email is [email address removed]

Thanks

DJ Dan

@dandjdjathome1 wrote:

Hi Please download turbotrax software for me.   I am using MacBook Pro  Laptop.   my email is [email address removed]

Thanks  DJ Dan

No one can download it for you, but we can tell you how to retrieve your download, depending on how you purchased it.

Be aware that this is a public Internet forum.  Please do NOT provide any license code in this public user forum, and do NOT post any personal info such as an email address.

• If you purchased a software download directly from TurboTax website, you should be able to retrieve the download from inside the Downloads section of your Online account.
    https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/app/downloads/
  • If you purchased a software download from an authorized retailer, you should be able to download the installation file from that authorized retailer's website.
  • If you purchased a CD, but want a download instead, the FAQ below tells how to get a downloaded installation file.

I'm not sure I fully understand your situation, but I'll take a go at it.   Underneath your question it is saying you are using Online TurboTax.     If you bought desktop software originally, but used Online TurboTax by mistake and now want to install and use the desktop software instead of using Online TurboTax, you can retrieve your already-purchased software using one of the methods above.  If you purchased a CD, but want a software download instead, here's how to use your license code to get a download of the software to install on your Mac.

FAQ:  How to get a download of the installation file instead of using the CD

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

Be sure to choose the Mac version.

Once you install the downloaded software installation file, you can download the *.tax2020 data file you started online and finish it in the desktop product, so you don't have to pay again.  Here's how:

FAQ: How do I switch from Online TurboTax to the desktop TurboTax software?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

@ dandjdjathome1 wrote:

Yes, I did purchase with my friends at work. We have been doing this for more than 10 years. And then I have to purchase the 2nd one from my roommate who uses his turbotak also.  Now, I have problem printing tax return since I stopped using Windows 10 , I am using Chromebook and MacBook Apple laptop. Please help me print the tax return, please

Note: I could provide you with 2 license codes if you need it,

Do not provide any license codes or other personal info in this public user forum.

I don't fully understand your situation, but if you are using Online TurboTax by mistake, you cannot print a return in Online Premier without first paying for the Online product.   If you already bought desktop software, I just left another comment in this thread that tells you how to get a download of the software to install on your Mac, and I left info on how to move your data file from Online TurboTax to the desktop software without having to start over.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies