Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to mail the EF Post Filing Coupon to the State?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

If you e-file your IN state return and expect a refund. you can discard this coupon.

If you have tax due and pay by check, you enclose this coupon with the check and mail it to the address on the coupon.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What about if I paid electronically by Direct Debit?  TurboTax should recognize this.  Why is TurboTax asking me to print and mail this form in when I won't be sending any check with it?  Does the state of Indiana really require this?

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

You are correct, if you paid by direct debit then you do not have to mail in the voucher. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks very much.  Makes sense to me.

Now, is TurboTax going to be fixed so it doesn't tell people they need to mail in the form when they've paid electronically?

This is the most ridiculous bug, as if filing taxes isn't enough of a pain, to stop and say you need to print / mail a  form that says and I quote"Mail and make check payable to ..." when you turbotax have already requested and accepted payment for and sent said state tax ... geez

Kz2011

Is this a bug? I used direct deposit and still got told to mail this coupon to IN, which asks to include a check, but I see the direct deposit already got taken out. Please fix. 

TRADIO

I just read thru this discussion, because I had the exact same thing happen to me in 2024. I called to ask them about this very same situation and I was on hold for about 10 minutes altogether only for them to give me an answer that wasn't confident. Clearly they have not fixed the issue and have wasted a good amount of my time trying to find the answer. After reading this thread it's clear that I don't need to mail in the Post Filing Coupon because I paid via Direct Debit. How hard would it be for them to fix the issue? It's obviously bitten more than one person. 

Thanks for going thru the hassle of finding out the accurate information relative to both our questions. 

tjbonzo

I fully agree with this statement. Can we get a response from TurboTax please.

"This is the most ridiculous bug, as if filing taxes isn't enough of a pain, to stop and say you need to print / mail a  form that says and I quote"Mail and make check payable to ..." when you turbotax have already requested and accepted payment for and sent said state tax ... geez"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies