turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to enter any health insurance information on 2019 tax return? (Only have 1095-B)

I am aware that 1095-A forms, and not 1095-B, need to filed, but I also read that not entering any health insurance information can delay tax return. Can I leave the Medical section under Deductions and Credits blank if I don't have any medical expenses or 1095-A?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Kristyii
Returning Member

Do I need to enter any health insurance information on 2019 tax return? (Only have 1095-B)

I can't answer your question, I'm not one of the tax experts but I am having an issue with having to pay back all the supplemental I got and they are saying that I can take it through a medical deduction and it must be 7.5% of AGI but Turbo tax is still taking the standard deduction. Where did you read about not reporting the 1095A will delay your tax return?

Thanks

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

@annasofiamo - yes, just leave the medical section blank.

@Kristyii - I'm guessing your standard deduction is still larger than your itemized deductions.  You can not start to deduct medical expenses until they exceed 7.5% of your adjusted gross income.  If you do not report your 1095A and reconcile your Advanced Premium Tax Credit, your return will be delayed until you complete the Form 8962.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies