Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I have to claim child support I receive for my 14 year old daughter and if so where do I submit it ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Do I have to claim child support I receive for my 14 year old daughter and if so where do I submit it ?

No, child support is not reported. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have another question they recommend I file the Ny residence  so I changed it up NY residency  which I am not sure if that was what I was suppose to do cause I don’t live in the actual city I live in Long Island. do I have to add any forms other then my tax 1040 and  my IT -201 ? If so what forms do I have to submit ? I wanted to e-file but it says I can’t file my federal taxes by e-file cause I have to submit other forms what forms are they referring to? 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Long Island does not pay taxes to NYC. You do not want to mark that you are a resident of NYC, only the state.

The forms may be referring to NYC information.You may have a state form not yet available. Please see below to see if you are being affected by other forms.

The state and federal governments approve the most common forms first and work their way down the list. Please see the links for form availability. Once a date shows up, the reality should be close. Once released, Turbo Tax will work quickly to get it working in the program.

Federal form availability

State form availability

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies