turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Did anyone else have both state and federal accepted, but receive an email from TT saying W2 processing errors and action needed? Call in support was zero help..

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Did anyone else have both state and federal accepted, but receive an email from TT saying W2 processing errors and action needed? Call in support was zero help..

I've seen some similar reports of emails received after returns have been accepted.  If you check your e-file status (use linked info below) and your federal return still shows "Accepted", I wouldn't take any of the actions suggested in your email.  This has been reported to TurboTax Moderators for investigation, and is possibly a scam.

How do I check my e-file status? 

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Please disregard the email if you have not received a rejection letter from TurboTax and your return is still showing as accepted. Please click here to check the status of your e-file.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

UPDATE:  There have been some issues with some users' import of their W-2s.  If you've received an email from TurboTax indicating an internal rejection, please see the info below for instructions on how to proceed.

How can I fix m y W-2 import issue? 

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Hi there,

Thank you for your answer!  However, I don't have the option to edit my federal submission on Turbo Tax, as it is listed as "accepted" and "received by the IRS".  I'll continue to check the IRS site daily to see if they accept or return my submission and will work on editing my W2 at that point. 

Thank you,

Lea

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies