Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Data entry for form 1116

This question relates to how data is entered into Turbo Tax and not about the use of the form itself. For Form 1116 when I go to the "forms" view (as opposed to the step by step view) there is a dollar amount in Part II column t which is titled 'Other Foreign Taxes Paid or Accrued'. I want to remove that number without having to manually override the form but I can't tell where the data comes from or why Turbo Tax thinks it belongs in that column. In other words, since the data was not entered by me directly into the form in 'form view' I must have entered it somewhere into the step by step or selected an option in the step by step that causes Turbo Tax to fill in that column. I can't find the source in the step-by-step. Can someone please tell me how I can prevent Turbo Tax from filling in that column by changing something in the step by step questions? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Data entry for form 1116

In Forms Mode, put the pointer over the entry in column (t) and right click. On the box that appears, click on "data source". Another box will appear with various sources highlighted in blue that should enable you to locate the source for that entry.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies