Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Credit card payment of fee to efile personal state return

I have cd/download desktop Home and Business.  I need to pay the $20 to efile the state return but I just receive a box saying CONTINUE and nothing happens.  I am not able to enter any credit card information to continue.  I can get the program to allow me to deduct the fee from my refund but that is not what I want to do.  I have paid with credit card for a number of years.  Why isn't this option working this year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
lisacarey5
Returning Member

Have you tried shutting down the program? Then make sure you are logged in to the Intuit site and it should take you there to process your payment. Do you have 'pop-ups' blocked? If you do, you may not see the prompt to take you to the Intuit site for CC processing...

I have shut down the program, restarted the computer, logged in to my Intuit account and still the same thing.  A Box comes up saying when I say I want to charge my credit card and then there is a box with CONTINUE and nothing happens.  I don't think I have pop ups blocked.  I am not sure how to check that.  I used this same computer last year and have not made any changes.  Any other suggestions as to how to get this function to work?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes. Please try clearing your cache and cookies, and also try refreshing your browser and even try using a different browser.

This link will show you how to delete your cookies.   

This link will help you clear your cache.      

How to clear your cache - Community     

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Still no luck.  I am using the desktop Turbo Tax CD/Download for Home and Business.  I am ready to e-file.  There is a fee to e-file the state return.  It gives me a choice to apply to the refund or to pay by credit card.  I choose Credit card and then another box appears.  That box looks like My computer should be communicating with Turbo Tax.  There is a button to click continue but nothing happens.  Any other ideas?  I have spent a lot of time on this and nothing seems to work.  

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

QuickQuilts76
Returning Member

My taxes are ready to be filed, and it won't let me pay the $15 State Filing Fee by using any of my credit cards!

All of my credit cards are good, and I have never had this problem before, and I have used Turbo Tax for many, many years! But, this may be my last year, as you keep screwing up my filing!  I need help to continue to file!

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@QuickQuilts76 

You may want to check and make sure the address for your credit matches the address within your TurboTax account. You can also try the steps provided below to see if that resolves your issue:

• Log completely out of your TurboTax account
  • Clear cache and delete cookies
  • Then log back in and see if you are still having the same issue

You can also try using a different web browser. If you are still having the same issue after trying the above steps, please respond back here and let us know.

I just had this problem, once you hit continue at some point it gives the option to continue as guest or log in. Do not log in, continue as guest, and you should be able to put in your credit card info and efile. 

kcronin

Cannot efile 2022 tax return.  Turbo Tax can't process the credit card payment  In the Screen Let's get your billing address, I enter the info and there isn't a prompt to continue.  It doesn't matter whether I enter as a Guest or sign-in, there is no prompt.  When I call the Help number on the previous screen,  the Reps don't know how to solve the problem.  They seem stumped.   Will try later in the week, if not fixed, will mail the return.  

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Online, you may want to try a different browser or try clearing out your browser's cache and cookies. Please see How do I delete cookies? and How to clear your cache for more information. 

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Support so they can assist you with this. You will want to use the keywords billing issues when you call so you get to the right person.

@kcronin 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies