Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Coinbase csv file not compatible on turbotax? No Headers Found In This File error?

@El Conquistador 

Here's an example TurboTax format that works. But to generate this form from Coinbase's CSV file could take a while...

"Currency Name","Purchase Date","Cost Basis","Date sold","Proceeds"

"BTC", "10/10/2010", 500, "10/10/2020", 1000

However, I found an annoying issue from TurboTax. Once you import the data to TurboTax, the only way to not use the data is to uncheck them one by one. I had to delete my almost done tax return and create a new one. Simply because I didn't have time to uncheck all those test records.

Niwa1100

Coinbase csv file not compatible on turbotax? No Headers Found In This File error?

Coinbase no longer supports the upload of CSV to TurboTax. I just found this on the Help Chat.

How do I get a CSV file from Coinbase?

Coinbase no longer supports the direct upload of your CSV file to TurboTax, resulting in an error message for some users.

Coinbase recommends using CoinTrackerto calculate your cryptocurrency gains and losses and to access your CSV file.

Mikef907

You guys should really stop advertising this is a thing if it's not.  It's clearly broken.  Don't care where the beak is, it creates a confusing user experience.  Update your verbiage at least to prevent the confusion to your users.

Maybe we should all contact Girard Sharp LLP and Norman E. Siegel of Stueve Siegel Hanson LLP and see if they want to win another class action suit against TT.

Agree. I cant believe they haven't come out and tried to resolve the situation.

Gioz
Level 2

The link that you are redirecting to dear turbo tax employee is simply no solution for us!

that link further redirects us to other ridiculously expansive service to work around your screw-ups. we are paying turbotax plenty and we are not supposed to be forced to shed another $200 in my case for something that you have to include in your package!!! so wake the hell up and fix the **bleep** problem I'm not able to finish my returns because of your screw-up!!

Here we are 44 days after this original forum post and TurboTax has not bothered to take down their false advertising that they support Coinbase. 

tt_screenshot.png

Is there any progress from TurboTax regarding this issue?

All the methods are not working. So, what should the end-user do in such a situation?

Coinbase is only referring us to another 3rd party in which you must PAY, ALOT.  If you've partnered with them, then YOUR software should allow for the upload of their .csv output. There is only 6-7 weeks left to get taxes filed at the time of this writing, Ive been a customer of Turbo Tax for years, please fix immediately, otherwise its not going to be worth using Turbo Tax anymore.

The 3rd stimulus check will be arriving soon. People who got impacted last year might need to file the tax return asap to get it. Here's one tool. There must be some tax experts or software developers who can improve this.

https://andywu.github.io/buckgo/ 

I was sitting in the audience when Scott Cook opened CHI 2006. He talked about how Intuit valued customer UX at that time. Maybe it's not like that anymore. 

I cant believe that the "work around" is to go to another website and pay $50 dollars so that I can import my extremely small profit from Coinbase.... Its absolutely absurd and extremely lazy. This needs to be fixed asap. 

This is ridiculous!

@andycswu You just did most of their dev team's work lol, thanks for it I'll be giving it a shot myself while thoroughly inspecting it. I'll be trying it out, thanks!!

Does it work for both pro and regular coinbase?

Great reply. Though it's pretty clear TurboTax would rather not fix this, so they can pick up some sweet cointracker money.  "On our list ;)" - TurboTax

Same as well,.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies