Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Striker3

Coinbase csv file not compatible on turbotax? No Headers Found In This File error?

The only reason I thought of switching to TurboTax was the claim that I could auto import my Coinbase transactions. Without this functionality, the service is useless to me.

Coinbase csv file not compatible on turbotax? No Headers Found In This File error?

"Your Coinbase file will be compatible as long as it's under 2251 transactions."

This is not true. It is not compatible. 

This is the error I get on Turbotax after uploading the CSV from Coinbase:

We couldn't upload your CSV

Please make sure your CSV file has columns for Currency Name, Purchase Date, Cost Basis, Date sold, and Proceeds, then try uploading again.
Coinbase-2020-taxes copy.csv
No headers found in this file.
mxr250

your first link doesnt work 

stall022
Returning Member

Making us pay for another service. Great response...

I was on the phone with customer service today. They told me to call coinbase and ask them to fix it. I told them it should their their responsibility to work this out with Coinbase. That being said, I did contact coinbase and if enough of us do this there might be enough pressure for them to work it out. Please contact coinbase and ask them to work with TurboTax on a solution.

Agreed. It looks like the headers on TurboTax's software do not match the headers in the Coinbase csv file. Please update this to make the import process easier.

Please fix this and stop pointed people to third party software to handle this.

amart305

Please notify us 

Even after paying over $100 to turbotax they want to force us to pay more for 3rd party software to do their job.  The best way to get through to Turbotax will be to switch over to freetaxusa.com and to stop paying them for a subpar product.

I have the same issue. I go to Coinbase and download my CSV file, I go to Turbotax and upload my CSV file, I receive the error:  "No headers found in this file"

"We couldn't upload your CSV

Please make sure your CSV file has columns for Currency Name, Purchase Date, Cost Basis, Date sold, and Proceeds, then try uploading again."

I just called Turbotax customer support, they were unable to provide a resolution and said they would call me back. It was a 40 minute phone call and I thoroughly stressed the importance of this issue. I directed the customer support rep to this post in hopes that they would understand it is not a 'user error' on my part but an ongoing issue with the upload process.

For companies that both advertise for one another on their websites, you would think that they would have a fix by now...

I will be switching next year. This is ridiculous. I have been with them since first doing taxes. Same issue and no resolution besides pointing to useless links like we are idiots and have not tried already.

Freetaxusa.com seems like a good alternative without the crazy fees. I think I will actually be switching this year instead of next year. Thanks for having a useless customer service department TurboTax.

This is also an issue for me.

There shouldn’t be 12 pages of people complaining and there not be a resolution. 

Both companies are advertising that they work together, yet neither seems to want to take responsibility for this to work. 

Turbotax will be losing me as a customer and so will Coinbase for that matter since apparently customer service is not a priority. 

I found a fix for this problem. I no longer use turbotax. It really works.

what do you use and can you upload csv files?  I will go to prison for tax fraud before I manually enter all these transactions.  Done with Intuit(shady as they come) and Coinbase(you all know why, the facebook of crypto)thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies