turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jackh909
Returning Member

Chase Investments import in Turbotax does not provide the identification code needed. Any solution for this issue?

For Chase Investment import in Turbotax, it asks for user ID and password as well as identification code. Using the link to get the identification code does not work because it simply sends you to the Chase sign in page and will not provide an identification code. Is there a way to get the identification code working for the Chase investment import?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Investments import in Turbotax does not provide the identification code needed. Any solution for this issue?

have you tried calling Chase?   after clicking on Chase Invest doesn't a window open up asking for id, password, and Ident code with a link to get Ident code? you may have to scroll down. Maybe import is not supported in the version of TT online you are using. 

jackh909
Returning Member

I can get to the window open up in turbotax asking for id, password, and identification code with the link to get the identification code. However, clicking on the link to get the identification code simply opens up the Chase website to login to the Chase account. It will not provide any identification code needed. I was able to import the 1099-DIV for Chase account choosing Chase banking from TT. But this does not work for Chase Investment in TT since it asks for identification code which I can not get.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you may need to log in to get the code.    if this doesn't work, call Chase for the procedure.   for some brokerages, if you log in and view the year-end tax statement there may be an ident code on the first or second page of the form. 

jackh909
Returning Member

Finally found the solution from another thread. It turns out the link provided on Turbotax to obtain the identification code is not working.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/attempting-to-import-from-chase/00/1250991

For anyone interested, use the link below to obtain the identification code needed.

https://secure05c.chase.com/web/auth/?LOB=TurboTaxLogon

So why doesn't TTax update the link in their code to use the correct CHASE page??

Sure would make life a lot easier for their customers..  Please??

Thanks for saving me hours of inputting, jackh909!

thanks for the website. 

richtrx
Returning Member

Thanks for taking the time to share the information. I am having the same issue now for 2020 tax return, but the link is still working. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact TurboTax support for assistance with your importing issues.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

unable to get ID code to obtain 1099B 

richtrx
Returning Member

I was able to get the Identification code with the link provided above, however The Box # is missing, i have to update it manually.

https://secure05c.chase.com/web/auth/?LOB=TurboTaxLogon

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies