Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Charles Schwab tax forms not importing in TurboTax

@sjlepine

Thank you for reporting your experience.  This is a known issue that looks to be resolved.  

If this still isn't working for you, please try to utilize the workaround posted on this thread here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gsavadov

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. However, the issue is only when I try to import 1099s from Schwab. Seems to work with other brokerage firms. I'm on a Mac. Called TurboTax customer service and they were useless. Didn't even acknowledge that there's a known issue. Very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Entering hundreds of Schedule D transactions is not a work around. The function is there to import them and it should work.

Yes, this is a Schwab problem. I talked to them today and they acknowledge it is their problem and they are working on it. I opened a case with them so if it is not fixed in another day, I will pursue.

I was so hopeful, unfortunately this change in password did not work for me.

I have also been trying multiple times throughout the day for several days.

I hope TurboTax gets this fixed.  Any indication on whether this is a Max OS X only problem?

It is not resolved because I just tried it.  This is a known problem and I would like this to be corrected. I spent money to buy turbo maybe you should refund me.

To be clear, this issue has not been resolved. 

I have a Mac and I was able to download earlier today, but have not been successful since then.  So it seems to me that the issue is not specific to Mac.  What I find most frustrating, along with others, is that this issue only survived this year.  Never had a problem download in other versions of TT.

And having to resort to changing one's password is NOT a solution - which is what we all need and deserve!  Maybe the real solution is to use different tax prep software going forward.

I'm having the same issue.  So frustrating to know that Intuit lobbies against tax filing reform so that they can force us to use their buggy, expensive software.

@HeatherPLO   This 'workaround' doesn't work.   Fix this ASAP.

SWKTT1
Returning Member

Just talked with Charles Schwab (6:30pm PT 2/22/22).   They said they are aware of the problem and they are working with Turbo Tax now to resolve it.   They will email me on the update. 

I use MacBook pro with MAC version of turbo tax downloaded from Amazon.  I have no problem download 1099 from Fidelity.  But for Schwab, TT directs me to log in to Turbo tax and then opened up a Schwab log-in page.  But I could not log in from there.  It said "Login is temporarily unavailable..."   But I can log in from a web site.   I already allowed third party access in the Schwab account.  And tried changing password and reboot etc.  But no avail.   Hope they will resolve this soon.    

I was able to log onto Schwab today and download/import all the information, without having to change my Schwab log-on credentials.  I did this on my Mac so I'm hoping that others have similar success and that this issue is resolved completely.

Pro Tip to TT: Start working on this issue now to prevent it from reoccurring in the 2022 version.

I am also having the same problem. I can not import my tax documents from Schwab.  I tried the pw change work around, but it still did not work (i.e. could not log in to Schwab). I am on Windows. 

Pleas fix as advertised. 

I tried again today. Got connected to Schwab, selected accounts from which to download, and then the Schwab connection was lost. Looks like Schwab still having problems.

Finally got connected and was able to download all of my 1099 info. It is not as smooth a process as it could be. Schwab has work to do to make this easier.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies