turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Capital Gains from private stock sale, no 1099B

received lump sum of a private stock sale in 2021 from a stock investment made in 1988. I received no 1099-B as the company accountant stated as "no tax documents are needed when there is a sale/purchase of privately held stock"

I received the income in the from of a bank transfer to my personal bank account.

I don't know the process of how to capture this income on my TurboTax, Self Employed software / tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

when you get to the capital gain selection in Turbotax and it asks if sold any investments in 2021 answer yes. when it asks if you got 1099-B answer no. check i'll enter one at a time. a drop-down should open where you can enter all the necessary info.

THanks for your answer, however, I never saw the questions i was to see, nor did I ever get questioned as to not providing 1099-B. Maybe I was in the wrong section in trying to put in my lump sum income. Maybe it was Capital Gains? I dont think I ever saw that. I just tried to look for 1099-B part anywhere.

Maybe I'll just start over 

what version are you using and if using desktop are you using the step-by-step mode or forms mode? 

I found the way in using desktop....but someone would have to walk you thru, step-by-step if you are using Online software

(I've been using this program for over 20 years, and the Online entry of yoru situation, seems all buggered up to me):

1099B_Desktop.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies